Got my LD01 SS, compared with L0D, pics and results.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my first order from batteryjunction, and things resulted very smooth. I must say they are a great site to buy from, fast shipping, items arrived in perfect condition. I basically ordered 100+ CR123 (tried many brands), few titanium innovation 12V car DC plug flahslight (this little light is perfect and totally worth the $13) and the LD01 SS.

There are threads discussing about the tint of the new LD01, but fortunaly mine came in pure white, not blueish nor greenish, but white. The first thing i noticed was the weight, in fact it is almost the weight of a P2D, feel solid in hand, reflector and lens looked neat and dustless. Orings were nicely lubed. This is a perfect flashlight, and i believe it is going to be still my EDC for many years from now.

Here are some pics of it compared to the L0D P4. Taken with my nokia n82 cellphone =)
image1399lx7.jpg

image1404pw0.jpg

image1401we7.jpg

The new LD01 SS is about 2mm longer than the older L0D, mainly the head.

image1398dq5.jpg

image1410cy2.jpg

Reflectors: LD01 has a wider, deeper and smoother reflector, allowing it to throw much better. Perfectly centered emitter and pure white tint.

Beamshots are taken with -2 exp and low iso sensitivity to show differences. Lights are way more brighter in real life. Used fresh 1.63V energizer lithiums in both lights.

LD01 Q5 SS left, L0D P4 right.
image1390ip1.jpg

At 1m

image1392vd8.jpg

At 2.5m

Surpisingly, both fenixes drawed between 0.79-0.80A with a fresh 1.6V lithium on high mode, however, because of the new reflector and better driver (does the pmw improve has to do anything with this?) in the LD01, this one seems to be very much brighter.

Highly recommended, if you still keychain a E01.. it is time to upograde :). For now these are the best spent 50 bucks on flashlights, however i must test it in real life to see if it can survive the everyday's drops, scratch and crush like my L0D did.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my SS LD01 and it's an awesome AA light, but the E01 fits a different kind of roll. The E01 is more of an emergency long run back up light.

gunga

Flashaholic
I do like my SS LD01, and use is bare on my keychain (gasp!),
I just wish they could knurl it properly. It's too smooth.

I don't want to hit mine with a file...