How do you secure your EDC?

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
This is how I secure mine. It works like a charm and is practically invisible, compared to a clip. All I have to do is pull it right out of my pocket, Never fails. I have a pic of the Setup and a pic of how it looks once it's through my belt loop.
So how do you secure your EDC? Keychain, lanyard, holster? Let's see some pics! :popcorn:

D10_strap.jpg

Above is the setup with the clip which disconnects quickly.

Below is how it looks on my jeans. Black dress slacks are even better!
D10_strap_attached.jpg

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on the size of the EDC light, I either use a holster or keep it suspended in my back pocket. I always carry a 1AAA backup light in the watch pocket, too.

inova-t1-in-case.jpg

maglite-dbl-case3.jpg

light-hang1.jpg

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
I use that quick-disconnet connector on a beaded chain around my neck with my ReX. HDS EDC goes inside my pocket or clipped to it.

Last edited:

EasySt

Newly Enlightened
My mom suffers vision problems and carries a white cane. I bought her a SureFire E1B Backup, replaced its tail cap with a crenelated tail cap from a SureFire E2DL and added a rubber F04 Beam Diffuser cap to its front end.

I also took the 7 inch Velcro straps off of a couple old ThinkPad power supply cables (had to cut the cables) and managed to get them side by side onto the E1B's pocket clip and slipped through each other in such a way, that the only way to get them off would now be to cut them off.

The Velcro straps hold her E1B securely to the top of her cane, pointing down, so that a poke from her index finger unleashes a nice smooth flood of illumination onto whatever her cane is pointing at.

She, and my dad, are absolutely delighted with the results. :D

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear my Ti Wee around my neck on a Ti. chain. I just drop my other Ti. Lummi in the bottom of my pocket. McGizmo's live clipped to my pocket.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mom suffers vision problems and carries a white cane. I bought her a SureFire E1B Backup, replaced its tail cap with a crenelated tail cap from a SureFire E2DL and added a rubber F04 Beam Diffuser cap to its front end.

I also took the 7 inch Velcro straps off of a couple old ThinkPad power supply cables (had to cut the cables) and managed to get them side by side onto the E1B's pocket clip and slipped through each other in such a way, that the only way to get them off would now be to cut them off.

The Velcro straps hold her E1B securely to the top of her cane, pointing down, so that a poke from her index finger unleashes a nice smooth flood of illumination onto whatever her cane is pointing at.

She, and my dad, are absolutely delighted with the results. :D
That is awesome, good job!

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Via the clip that's attached to it. If theres no clip, it doesn't get carried. My current EDC is a Eagletac P10C, and I really like the clips they've designed for them. And now that I got my crenelated bezels for the P and T series, I don't think I ever need to purchase another flashlight.

:huh:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC is normally a McGizmo creation, hence its clipped to my waistband. The "death grip clip" works perfectly and fills me with great confidence that my flashlight wil stay in place until needed.

If I'm using a torch that doesn't have a clip, such as a SPY 007, I will most likely use a Ripoffs holster.

Mayo

Bogie

Enlightened
This is how I secure mine. It works like a charm and is practically invisible, compared to a clip. All I have to do is pull it right out of my pocket, Never fails. I have a pic of the Setup and a pic of how it looks once it's through my belt loop.
So how do you secure your EDC? Keychain, lanyard, holster? Let's see some pics! :popcorn:

D10_strap.jpg

Above is the setup with the clip which disconnects quickly.

Below is how it looks on my jeans. Black dress slacks are even better!
D10_strap_attached.jpg

SAME SYSTEM different lanyard.

litetube

Enlightened
Nice job EasySt!!! That is cool you put that time/thought and effort into making your Moms life a little bit easier and I think you should consider patenting the Tactical Cane setup before someone else steals it. Pretty soon we will see Surefires strapped to wheelchairs/runabouts and those supermarket electric cars and you will kick yourself!!

I might go back to that lanyard suspension system like Tiff is using but where is that lanyard from? I would like something a little shorter but with that quick release it would solve alot of issues. Was it from another light Tiff?

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
Depending on the size of the EDC light, I either use a holster or keep it suspended in my back pocket. I always carry a 1AAA backup light in the watch pocket, too.

Looks like a good setup. That's a very rugged looking holster for the light!

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
Nice job EasySt!!! That is cool you put that time/thought and effort into making your Moms life a little bit easier and I think you should consider patenting the Tactical Cane setup before someone else steals it. Pretty soon we will see Surefires strapped to wheelchairs/runabouts and those supermarket electric cars and you will kick yourself!!

I might go back to that lanyard suspension system like Tiff is using but where is that lanyard from? I would like something a little shorter but with that quick release it would solve alot of issues. Was it from another light Tiff?

Actually I bought that one in the Philippines. It used to be attached to my cell phone to made it more difficult for pickpockets. They sell them in the US for ID tags I think. I actually used a new disconnect from the Husky 1xAA lights that we bought and put it on the old lanyard.
I'm amazed at all the creative setups people are using to secure thier lights. A light you can't get at isn't very useful. I might snag some of these ideas and use them as well as my lanyard, for another light. :grin2:

EasySt

Newly Enlightened

Consider the idea my gift to the mobility challenged. I'm sure it's been done before, but I just wanted let folks here know how perfectly suited the SureFire E1B with an attached beam diffuser and a couple Velcro straps, is for this particular task.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
RC-N3-Q5 + backup cells: I usually use primaries for lower output and longer run times, so only one backup cell is needed.
dscn0341db3.jpg

dscn0342ls7.jpg

Sometimes 5-6 Lumens is good enough:
dscn0526yu2.jpg

I also hang the Gerber tempo around my neck from a surefire neck lanyard, I plan on doing the same with the Fenix E01 when it gets here:
dsc00864vd2.jpg

When I am at the camp site I use a minimag solitaire lanyard and loop it around my ring finger with the tempo. Its useful for near hands-free use. I can flip it around in and out of a cigar hold to easily retain the use of my hands.
dscn0517he3.jpg

Last edited:

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Actually I bought that one in the Philippines. It used to be attached to my cell phone to made it more difficult for pickpockets. They sell them in the US for ID tags I think. I actually used a new disconnect from the Husky 1xAA lights that we bought and put it on the old lanyard.

Yup, I have seen those in stores like Staples or Office Depot for ID tag holders. Never thought to use 'em for a flashlight though. Now you have given me ideas... :naughty:

Btw, off topic but when were you in the Philippines? I am originally from there and yes you are right I have seen those lanyards for sale in the malls at the kiosks where they sell cell phone accessories. :) I have never seen them at the kiosks here in the US, though. Then again, I have never seen people carrying a cell phone on a neck lanyard here in the US, whereas I found it to be pretty commonplace back home in the Philippines. :shrug: