Inova X1 - New version?

IsLNdbOi

Newly Enlightened
I bought an Inova X1 a couple of months ago from Fry's Electronics. It's black and uses two CR123 batteries. Today, I stopped by the flashlights at a Target store and noticed that they had X1s that use AA batteries.

When did Inova introduce this new version of the X1. Which one is better, the model that uses the CR123 batteries or the model that uses AA batteries?

IsLNdbOi

Newly Enlightened
I checked Inova's site. The one I have is black and looks exactly like the one pictured when clicking on the X1 and then "Select Black". Mine uses two CR123 batteries.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
X1 model is AA only. Always been that way. Perhaps there's a glitch on Inova's site. If your light has square checkering all along the barrel, then you have a T1. Please see pics below....

Inova X1
p58011bga0.jpg

Inova T1
t1rev190zl1.jpg

(Despite the size of the pics, the T1 is quite bigger than the X1).

Last edited:

IsLNdbOi

Newly Enlightened
Here are pics. of my X1. It's definitely not a X5. I know what those look like.

x1front800ob9.jpg

x1flash800zi1.jpg

x1side800nx1.jpg

x1batt800yh8.jpg

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is an XO or XO2.INOVAs designations are confusing and overlap different models.The light you have was originally called the XO but was later changed to XO2 and a different model is now being sold as the XO.I don't ever remember the light you have being labeled as an X1 but it's hard to tell with INOVAs confusing use of nomenclature.

Mikellen

Enlightened
I have an XO with the Tiros lens. It takes 2 Cr123A batteries and looks like the one you have. It puts out a spot type beam with not much spill.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got lucky if you got a TIROS Xo for what they charge for an X1. They're not that impressive in overall output, but they can put a spot-beam out to a pretty good range.

IsLNdbOi

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. / corrections guys. I guess it is one of the older X0 models. I got it for $19.99 at Fry's earlier this year.