Jetbeam        
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4444748495051525354
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1605

Thread: P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Default Re: P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    Skylumen.com Vinh makes some crazy powerful P60 drop ins if you want a show off light.
    Yeah, those are crazy. I'm not really looking to burn the barn down just wanted to play with a tad more light than the Malkoff has. Thanks for the recommendation, I like some of his 1 off hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by akula88 View Post
    I actually took the plunge on KDLitker and bought three drop-ins :
    - Single Cree XP-L2 HD 1000-Lumens
    - Quad 4x Luminus SST-20 1400-Lumen
    - Triple Cree XP-L HI 2000 Lumens

Along with them are a couple of KD E6 hosts -- an 18650 and a 21700.

So far I've been satisfied with my latest purchase, and will be part of my workhorses. 21700 host is not as bulky as I had imagine.

Thanks for the recommendation. I seen those the other day and thought about getting one or two. I have a Solarforce 6p host by my bed with a warm drop in. Just wished I could change the modes as it has high/low/strobe. Would much rather just have 2 modes for it

Quote Originally Posted by akula88 View Post
    I actually took the plunge on KDLitker and bought three drop-ins :
    - Single Cree XP-L2 HD 1000-Lumens
    - Quad 4x Luminus SST-20 1400-Lumen
    - Triple Cree XP-L HI 2000 Lumens
    Can you please do me a favor? Find an ultra quiet indoor place and toggle through all the modes to see if you get any whining sound. I bought a couple of the KD dropins a couple years ago and they whine except at the highest mode. Want to see if they've improved their drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by aau007 View Post
    I bought a couple of the KD dropins a couple years ago and they whine except at the highest mode. Want to see if they've improved their drivers.
    Did your request on a closed bathroom... almost no sound after I close the door. Tested all three drop-in and found no whining sound on any of the modes. The QuadLED and TripLED has 4-modes while the single XP-L2 has 3-modes. Seems to have passed the sound test.

The Quad and Trip are using CDM-P4000 and P5000 circuits respectively. The XP-L2 uses BD39 circuit.

I've a quick question.
    Just found a older solarforce body stuck in a drawer and I think I'll get a head & tail switch for it.

What I'd like is to see if I can make it into a gas pedal switch light like the EDCL-1 & 2. Anyone know how I might do that?

Or....

Other option is to make it momentary on only with a twist to stay on. Isn't that how they were originally? What tail cap is that?

And for the dropin I think I want a floody beam 500'ish lumens (Indoor, night stand, pew pew light)

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Tx View Post
    I've a quick question.
    Just found a older solarforce body stuck in a drawer and I think I'll get a head & tail switch for it.

What I'd like is to see if I can make it into a gas pedal switch light like the EDCL-1 & 2. Anyone know how I might do that?

Or....

Other option is to make it momentary on only with a twist to stay on. Isn't that how they were originally? What tail cap is that?

And for the dropin I think I want a floody beam 500'ish lumens (Indoor, night stand, pew pew light)

Thx.
    Canít held you with the switch. For a floody drop in illumination gear have some triple sporttac models.

Unenlightened

Hello everyone, I have been away for a number of years. I was searching for a P60 drop-in, but I have been overwhelmed by options but still not finding what I am looking for. I have a few Surefire 6P incandescents still in the package that I want to upgrade. I have a Surefire 6PX Pro that I really like. I am searching for something similar in a P60 that would have a two modes a high and low. The Surefire is 600/15 lumens. This is for a utility flashlight so doesn't have to be a super throw or super flood somewhere in the middle. I do like warmer tones. It's a shame the 6PX Pro isn't a drop-in. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DRHCPA3107 View Post
    ... P60 drop-in, ... have a two modes a high and low. ... doesn't have to be a super throw or super flood somewhere in the middle. I do like warmer tones.
    Check out the Sportac P60 Module with Two-modes (100% & 20%). There are a variety of combinations but the Luminous SST-20 4000K (or XP-L Hi Neutral) might work for you.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

Quote Originally Posted by pc_light View Post
    Check out the Sportac P60 Module with Two-modes (100% & 20%). There are a variety of combinations but the Luminous SST-20 4000K (or XP-L Hi Neutral) might work for you.
    +

this ^^

________

rechargeable option:

Seraph SP-9 (host only) $30
    Sportac Pro w/ XHP-35 HI neutral $40
    Two Panasonic 2000mAh 18500 $10

that'll be a super/strong setup for around $80
    (in 10 years that'll still be a great & relevant light)
    Last edited by orbital; 01-18-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by DRHCPA3107 View Post
    Hello everyone, I have been away for a number of years. I was searching for a P60 drop-in, but I have been overwhelmed by options but still not finding what I am looking for. I have a few Surefire 6P incandescents still in the package that I want to upgrade. I have a Surefire 6PX Pro that I really like. I am searching for something similar in a P60 that would have a two modes a high and low. The Surefire is 600/15 lumens. This is for a utility flashlight so doesn't have to be a super throw or super flood somewhere in the middle. I do like warmer tones. It's a shame the 6PX Pro isn't a drop-in. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
    Exactly why I logged back in after many years. I have 2 Surefire G2s and a D2 Defender and was hoping for some quick advice on a solid and hopefully less expensive lamp module.

Maybe someone will offer some additional advice!
    Last edited by FiveO; 01-31-2021 at 09:35 PM.
    Please Visit The Officer Down Memorial Page
    www.odmp.org

Customlites still has two mod drop ins. PM me if you want mine! Itís nice o just hate mode memory

I'm having a heck of a time finding a drop in replacement to go in my L2 Solarforce that has the features I want. I had a 2 mode LED lamp with memory function from Lighthound that I got back in the day with high and strobe that I was pretty happy with until it started having intermittent/unreliable activation and now seems to have finally quit for good. I want to replace it with either another 2 Mode High/Strobe or a 3 Mode High/Low/Strobe, either with or without memory function. I absolutely do not want a 5 mode. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TorchLAB Triple P60 with the Lux-RC light engine should be able to do that.

Expensive though, and might need to check fitment with that Solarforce, as those dropins are optimized for SureFire hosts.
    ... is the archimedes peak

I think fasttech has some 17mm drivers like that which you may be able to use to repair yours?

Thanks for the suggestions I'll check them out and update with results😊

Any idea how to get in touch with customlites? I just tried and the server wouldnít allow me to send a contact email...
    Iím looking for a high CRI triple for a bored C2. The kdlitker wonít fit Surefire. And I canít spend what overready wants.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4444748495051525354