Whats a good 2AA light for throw?

wesinator

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking maybe and eagletac P10A2 or a fenix LD20 or something shaped like those. I don't really like the shape of the fenix TK20. It should also have a pretty good low mode.

jblackwood

Enlightened
I just got a Fenix LD20 for Xmas. It's 2AA and has a 180 lumen output (compared to the TK20), but since it has a textured reflector, it's got a very even, floody profile. It's a LOT of light for 2AA's. You might want to try it. Maybe someone here has suggestions for swapping out a smooth reflector for the textured on the LD20?

Cheers.:poke:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kingpower K2 has a decent throw (smooth reflector). But I like the fact that it can go for ~100 hrs. on low, making a great emergency/camping/hiking light.

Or maybe a D-mini Special Edition (175 lumen) w/ an AA extension tube.

you can find it at batteryjunction.com

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The D-mini with 2 AA tube should be pretty throwy, probably higher lux then the Tk20.

For more throw you'll need a larger reflector, or a lot more output.

The Olight T25 is also a pretty good thrower for 2AA powered.

Toaster

Enlightened
Olight T25 Tactical.

+1. Olight T25-T is the only other 2xAA light of similar form factor that comes close in throw to the TK20. It has a decent low as well as a very nice optional diffuser. But it lacks the neutral white LED the TK20 possesses.

I believe D-Mini with 2xAA tube throws better than either T25-T or TK20 by a significant margin. But it has a much larger head to deal with.

carrot

Flashaholic
You might find the Nitecore D20 is to your liking. The larger bezel should offer better throw than the Fenix LD20 but I have never compared the two directly.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking maybe and eagletac P10A2 or a fenix LD20 or something shaped like those. I don't really like the shape of the fenix TK20. It should also have a pretty good low mode.

I find the TK20 to be comfortable to hold. Do you mean that you don't like the design of it? About the throw the TK20 is a very good thrower, likely one of the best, comparable to Fenix TK10.

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might find the Nitecore D20 is to your liking. The larger bezel should offer better throw than the Fenix LD20 but I have never compared the two directly.

D20 has larger head/reflector indeed but it doesn't throw better. It has quite floody beam.

erlon

Newly Enlightened
+1 for TK20.

Really very good thrower.
Large head and Smooth reflector.
And as every TK, Built like a tank.