How do the glow powder colors rank in brightness?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are all kinds of colors of stronium on eBay. Green, Blue, Aqua, Orange, Red, Purple, and even Yellow(!)

Which ones are the brightest, down to the dimmest? I'd assume green is the brightest, then aqua, then??? Please anyone who knows please post a list!

Also, people say the green glows for 14 hours. Is it barely visable past 2 hours like the old stuff, or can you see it decently from a distance?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have green and blue, but i can predict for the rest. Green is the brightest, but i recall someone say that from a distance, blue is more visible than green. But, generally, green is preceived brighter, though, so green is num 1. next is blue (aqua), blue (dark/ purple), yellow, to the dimmest is orange / red.
hope this helps.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the thing I'm thinking about using it for brightness isn't really needed, it's visiablity (allthough being brighter helps visablitly)...

Could you charge up your bags of green and blue and set them somewhere and come back later and see which one you think shows up better? I was thinking of making something with orange/blue pattern... Since that would stand out.. Any comments? I think I might possibly take some plate aluminum, and cut out a pendant and etch it and fill it with glow powder. Possibly even a ring if I could find one that looked cool enough and would work.. The pendant could be charged by a RB luxeon in a car dome light while driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif