AGH! Got my GF a JetBeam III-M w/Q3-5A, now I gotta get a bunch of new lights

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Got my GF a JetBeam III Military for Christmas, with the Q3-5A. The beam is so nicely tinted. Now all my other LEDs look bad! Time to get a bunch of new lights.

taiji

Enlightened
that or learn how to mod / replace LED's. I practiced on cheap lights now it isn't so bad. I do understand how one can like that 5A tint.

ApoXX

Newly Enlightened
I got the same light, it's super nice and seems easier on the eyes.

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Never met a lass from Vermont but they must come burly.

..sounds like good breedin' stock! :thumbsup:

Toaster

Enlightened
Heh that's a real nice present you got for your GF. Q3-5A LED was a great choice :thumbsup:

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Never met a lass from Vermont but they must come burly.

..sounds like good breedin' stock! :thumbsup:

She likes shooting and practices Aikido. Incredible gardener and cook. Very artistic. Beautiful and sexy. Knows carpentry, electrical and plumbing. And she can keep up with me on a mt bike. I'm totally in love!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I totally understand! Although I don't have any lights with tints I really hate (except maybe some on 5mm jobs), the Q3-5A in the Jet III-M really is a beauty. Outdoors I really love it. I'm definetly leaning toward the new warm tint emmiters in my new lights. The Element is also very nice. I'm not a lumen chaser so I don't worry about the slightly less output. There are lights for lumen blasting, but rarely (10% ?) do I need more than 100lm and maybe only 2% of the time more than 200lm.

We should not forget the III-M is also an awesome light, with a great build, simple interface, 1 programmable level that is low-low capable, and 18650 support! Oh and believe me its not like it's lacking in output... I had it out last night WOW! Fantastic!

One of my favorite lights of 2008.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Jet III M (neutral tint, hybrid reflector) this week. It's a nice light. I needed something reliable to keep in my car.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on here about the hybrid reflector. I was expecting something like Olight's reflector, but that's not really how it looks. It's stiple is ringy instead of OP. It is like the Inova T1 reflector at the bottom and smooths out near the top. It is very interesting in my opinion. The beam is not exactly on par with Olight's hybrid. There are more rings in the beam, but it does a pretty good job.

Vermonter73

Enlightened
We should not forget the III-M is also an awesome light, with a great build, simple interface, 1 programmable level that is low-low capable, and 18650 support! Oh and believe me its not like it's lacking in output... I had it out last night WOW! Fantastic!

One of my favorite lights of 2008.

And no memory so you always know what mode it's going to turn on in.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't EDC my Jet-III because it is a bit big for most pockets, therefore it doesn't see as much use as some of my other lights. But when I do use it, I really like it! Lovely tint and very nice light to use. I have the custom setting set to the lowest level and it is more than enough if it is really dark and my eyes are adjusted to the night, tighten the head and there is plenty of light output. I don't mind only the 2 levels, I have plenty of other lights with more levels - they don't all need to be the same as each other you know.