• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modified IST dive light orders.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am now taking orders for modified IST dive lights.

Specs.

100 meter depth rated.
Cree Q5 LED WC bin
Takes a single 18650 Li Ion cell.
8 deg aspheric lens.
Twist turn on.

Your choice of modes
Single mode 700ma or 1050ma driver (apox 3+hours/ 2+ hours burn time @ near full lumen).
5 Mode Hi(1050ma), Med,Low Strobe SOS
2 Mode 1050ma or 50 ma

Price is $200 NZD + shipping which at present exchange rate is about $115USD.
Buy 3 and get a 10% discount shipping will work out cheaper per unit too. ( get a few mates together)

Turn around time will be about 4 weeks. EDIT: Ready now!

ISTP7ASPQ5.jpg
4lights.jpg

Left-Right P7 with stock reflector, Q5 Aspheric,Q5 with stock reflector. Left-Right 10watt TT HID, Q5 aspheric,P7 mag 4x Q5 aspheric mag

IST1.jpg
IST2.jpg

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Progress as at 20.1.09. Lights have now been received. Should have them back from the machinist Monday afternoon. Single mode drivers are back ordered from DX but all other parts are here.

(please note not all names are CPF members)

cldomson1 3 std SENT
Heffay 1 std SENT
Dandy 1 std SENT
Tassie 1 multimode SENT
Gary123 1 multimode glass lens SENT
smelly bear 1 Multimode SENT 2nd purchase 2 mode Sent
Osiris 1 std SENT
Bluey 1
SENT
Linger 1 Sent

Last edited:

kevinm

Enlightened
Looks nice! How did you test it at 100m? Also, how much with an MC-E? And is it moddable (I have MC-E's and could probably do it)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
100m is the stock manufactures depth rating. No modifications have been done that would effect this rating.
I have done many dives down to 55 meters with no problems at all.

Send me the MCE and I will fit that instead of the Q5 at no extra cost except for your choice of driver.

I should point out that MC-E's or P7s will create 4 dimmer spots than a Q5 (using an aspheric) & will have a much shorter run time. I would advise against it. You could defocus the lens I suppose but Im unsure what the result will be like. Remember that it is only driven off a single 18650. DO a search and check out predicted output and run times of this pairing. My guess is it would dim down rather quickly.

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Discount for pre orders only applies for a few more days. Get in quick if you want the discount!

gav6280

Enlightened
As i have never seen one, what are the physical sizes of the light.?

Does it come with any kind of belt holster?

Cant seem to see anything about heat sinking... At 1050 or higher if possible is this light going to be ok?

I cant work out my shipping cost as we don't know the size and weight of the package, i am in the UK.

Could you break one down into it's internal component pieces and take a few photos?

What do you think is the maximum usable beam length underwater for green water diving?

Cheers.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
135mmx 32mm weight 200grams

I dont use holsters to hold my lights. Chances are it will open at the worst time and your light will fall out.
Much better to use a snap bolt and clip it off to a D ring. Then stop it by dangling by slipping the lose end under a bit on bungy.

The whole body is the heat sink. They do get warm to the touch when used out of the water but in the water they are cool as.

What do you think is the maximum usable beam length underwater for green water diving?
Heaps. More than just about any other 200 lumen dive light.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Pre orders and discount has now closed.

If you want a special ordered one please let me know ASAP. eg 2x C123 batteries or multi mode driver. Otherwise all remaining lights will be 18650's 1050ma driver.

Gary123

Enlightened
I know I may be late on this, but how much is it, US, with the multimode driver? If purchased with aspheric, can the focus be adjusted?

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 mode Lo Mid Hi Strobe SOS will be $220NZD

Focus is not adjustable but I can set it up initially for a different focus if desired. No extra cost

I suppose I could even supply multiple optic assemblies with different focal lengths if you wanted. But you would have to remove the bezel to change it.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The single mode DX drivers I intended to use are continuously being put on back order.
I have ordered some Kai Domain 2 mode drivers instead. These are rated at 1050ma and 50ma. I am unsure how these switch between modes or how bright the crees will be at 50ma. Anyway at this stage I will supply with the 2 mode drivers instead of the single mode ones unless instructed otherwise. At a push I could mod the 2 mode drivers to single.

Anyway bodys are at the machinist and should be back Tuesday. 5 mode lights should be ready to ship soon after while others will be dependant of delivery of drivers.

I still have about 10 units left unsold.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some comparative beam shots
Canon G10
1/50sec
ISO 100
F2.8

Aspheric.jpg

Aspheric Q5
Q5IST.jpg

Q5 IST reflector
Intova.jpg

Stock Black wide angle intova.

IntovaandAspheric.jpg

This is the first time I have had a good look at the Intova.

Its a nice light and well made. Some have had problems with the reed switch breaking.
It has a very wide angle aspheric lens which provides a smooth beam with a small halo not really picked up in the photos.

It would make a really good focusing light for a camera but IMHO the beam is to wide for any other purpose.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in one of these light can I still get one? How much would it cost?

Price is listed above.

I am having trouble getting the single mode and 2 mode drivers at this stage. 5 mode drivers are here with more coming so if you want one soon this may be your best bet. Or I can modify the 5 mode into a single mode if you prefer.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still available. But I can only get 5 mode drivers ( which I can wire as single mode if required). DX has an expected delivery time of about 2-3 weeks for single mode drivers but it could easily be much longer.

I have finished a few of the 5 mode ones and will be pressure testing them before sending out in the next few days.

Gary123

Enlightened
Just got my light. I had it made with the aspheric which does not seal as well and so cannot be used for diving. The positive contact on the head requires use of a button top 18650 or you may experience a variety of problems.

I like the light quite a bit. It is a unique, and impressive aspsheric thrower. At 75 yards, it puts a near daylight patch of light on the target that is about 25 feet x 25 feet as compared with my Tiable A9 whose patch was about 8 feet round. The Tiablo was definitely a bit brighter. Note that although these numbers may not seem like a big difference in the patch size, to see it was an enoumous difference. And if you do the math, we're talking a 625 sq foot patch vs a 50 sq foot patch. The particular beam angle produced by this lens makes for a very effective handheld searchlight.

Example of effectiveness: I was out in the forest behind my house the other night with my Tiablo A8 and Packhorse's aspheric dive light. I turned on the Tiablo, and shined it out into the forrest. At about 60 yards I saw something, apparently large, moving slowly. I couldn't make it out because the Tiablo's hot spot was too small to tell what the target was. When I turned on the dive aspheric, I clearly saw three deer moving across my line of sight. All three were captured within the aspheric beam.

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the feed back Gary.
Just a note that it is because you ordered the light with a glass front lens that it can not be used for diving not because of the aspheric. It should still seal quite well but the greater pressure at depth may cause the glass to break.
I can send you a spring to solder on to the back of the driver board if you like.( sending it back may be cost prohibitive) This should allow the use of any 18650 cell.

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
More lights are ready to be sent out within 24 hours notice.

I am now happy to offer an even tighter brighter option!!

Yes its a 50% tighter beam and about twice as bright from the same LED/driver. It does lose a little efficiency due to the new focal length and is not water proof so is unsuitable for diving. But man its tight and bright. This is a thrower!
IMG%5D
Price is unchanged.

Left standard aspheric mod right super thrower mod.

aspvsasp.jpg

IMG%5D

Latest posts