Request for opinions or review of Sgt. Burkett?

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Did a search but haven't seen any reviews of the Sgt. Burkett. Truthfully I was turned away by the name, so odd! But finally looked at his sale thread and looked like an interesting idea - really simple 18650 light, for a good price.

Any feedback? I know it seems like a simple concept, but I have not used the 7135 driver much, so would like to hear people's experiences. Thanks all.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only real negative for some people is it's missing a pocket clip. If you're looking for a great 18650 DIY light it's a great host for a decent price.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like mine. The K2 emitter is a little odd... it is like a waffle pattern that emits light. Even with an OP reflector it is kind of strange.

The Seoul version puts out a really nice beam even with the smooth plastic reflector.

The twisty operation works very well. I'm a little worried about anodizing wearing off the threads and making it not operate correctly.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm a little worried about anodizing wearing off the threads and making it not operate correctly.
Even if the anodising wears on the threads as long as the anodising is OK where the pill sits (not a real wear area) the light will work fine. :) The earth to the pill is supplied by the end of the battery tube.
Norm

Gaius

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered one Sgt. Burkett with McR20 + K2 TFFC 200 lumen + 4x 7135s.
Warren made 10 pieces available, I don't know how many is left.
My flashlight was shipped 26/12, I let you know my first impression. :popcorn:

Gaius

Newly Enlightened
Hi again
I received my Sgt Burkett K2 TFFC 200 lumens today; I will take some pictures and share with you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K2 emitter is a little odd... it is like a waffle pattern that emits light. Even with an OP reflector it is kind of strange.

My Tiablo A1 has a Rebel 100 emitter and an OP reflector. It fits that description exactly. Despite the "little odd" quality to it, the light has a flat out fantastic beam distribution and an absolutely awesome tint. I'd gladly pay a premium for more lights like it. If the K2 is anything like the Rebel, I might have to go hunt one down right now.

Gaius

Newly Enlightened
The Sgt BURKETT K2 200L McR20 4X7135 DRIVER comes with an OP reflector.
It's a twisty, the design is compact. When you turn it on you can see that the beam is not ultra white more like a smooth beam with neutral-warm color tint. I bought it with a diffuser and a butt, a camera tripod bolt.

I like the compact design and the warmer beam. The build quality is very good.
It's only single mode, I prefer the Nitecore high and low mode.

I hope you like the photos.

Flashlights
samples.jpg

Sgt Burkett split
SgtBurkett2.jpg

Sgt Burkett led
SgtBurkettled.jpg

Jetbeam
Jetbeam.jpg

Nitecore
NitecoreD10.jpg

Sgt Burkett
SgtBurkett.jpg

Sgt Burkett difuser
SgtBurkettdiffuser.jpg

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those pics look really nice. Any chance someone can compare the Sgt. Burkett K2 to a Surefire L4?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K2 is a pretty amazing emitter.

It has some good tints, renders colors better than most other LED's, and is able to put out more lumens than most other LED's.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
but it's less efficent than cree q5's or ssc p4's and i didn't think the beam was as nice or smooth. i hated the tle300m from terralux and i attributed it to the k2's beam battern. wierd having a box beam of light. :sick2: