Eagletac T10C2

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received mine from 4seven today, quick service as usual.

Some impressions, the overall quality is great, both machining and anodizing are on par with all the big players. Clip is a little crooked and some paint on ridge has fell off but that's no big deal. The clip is also the only anti roll that's on the light, those machines flats serves no practical purpose on T series since the flared bezel and cigar ring prevent them from making contact. The knurling serves almost no purpose, reminds me of the knurling found on fenix P3D I have in both pattern and aggressiveness. But the cigar ring serves well to keep the light in hand. It feel smaller and lighter than both fenix's T series and SF's 6P, which is a good thing in my book since I feel the fenixes are bulky for the sake of being bulky, rather than functional.

Even thou the forward clickie is "recessed" in four crenelations, it's easily activated with thumb, thumb pad, or knuckle, although pressing against thumb pad is not comfortable to do. The forward clickie feels great by the way. The biggest complain I had about forward clickie on Chinese light is it takes too much travel to activate momentary, but that's not the case here. The forward clickie used here only need a light press, similar to the Streamlight I've tried.

The beam is very much throw oriented, very small hot spot. Beam is very smooth, I'm sure whitewall hunters will be pleased. :nana: Output is great, although currently I don't have anything to compare to. Tint is great, no blue/purple visible even shined against a halogen light. Haven't tried it outside yet, maybe I'll bring it with me when I go night ski this weekend.

Only complain I have right now is the crappy clip. I just don't get it, why is it so hard to make a decent clip on flashlight (this is not limited to eagletac)? Half of the light (and weight) sticks out of pocket when clipped, that's just asking for it to fall out. The lip is directly blocked by the cigar ring, so the only way it can be clipped is use another hand to lift up the clip first. I'm sure if whoever designed the light were to try to use the clip, he'd notice the problem right away. Oh well, at least a holster is included.

One thing I urge you all to do, is to disassemble the light as much as you can, tailcap included, and do a full inspection. On my unit I found a fairly large piece of aluminum swarf from machinging between tailcap and rubber boot. If I did not do so it probably will compromise the seal, and may even damage the rubber boot in long run.

All in all, I like the light so far, especially for the price, thumb up from me.

dscn1964yy9.jpg

dscn1965am5.jpg

dscn1966to7.jpg

dscn1967hf5.jpg

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also didn't like the clip on my T10L. IT is too close to the body to actually clip to anything without prying the clip away from the body, and that takes too much time or energy to be worth it. I just took the clip off and filled the recess left by it with an O-ring from home depot. 11/16 inch by 13/16 inch o-rings seem to fit perfectly, and add a little bit more grip to the light. Be careful if you do remove the clip though, as it is nearly impossible to get it off without scratching the anodizing.

The anodizing on my light was very good as well, although it now has some very small bare spots because of use (and dropping it onto a tile floor from 3 feet...) but they are barely noticable. It seems like a very durable light.

However, my switch seems to be a little off center, but I can't figure out how to "open" the tailcap to get at the switch and reorient it.

Also, for some reason the flat faces on my tailcap do not line up with the faces on the rest of the light when it is tightened down all the way, but it seems that yours is. Since it doesn't function as an anti-roll, I dont really care.

It isn't available directly from the 4-sevens site. You have to go to www.eagletac-store.com, which is the domain 4-sevens uses currently to sell the eagletacs, for whatever reason.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you get it from 4sevens website or the cpf marketplace, because i couldn't find it on the 4 sevens website.

Yeah as Mjolnir mentioned eagletac store and 4seven are run by the same people, so I only mentioned the parent domain.

However, my switch seems to be a little off center, but I can't figure out how to "open" the tailcap to get at the switch and reorient it.

Also, for some reason the flat faces on my tailcap do not line up with the faces on the rest of the light when it is tightened down all the way, but it seems that yours is. Since it doesn't function as an anti-roll, I dont really care.

Very easy, look down into the tailcap, you'll see two dimples on the retainer ring, use snap ring plier (or just two piece of large nail held in a cross) to unscrew that and everything falls out. I didn't even notice if the flats were lining up lol, but since how far you can tighten the tailcap also depends on how deep you tighten the retainer ring, you can adjust it a little bit after you get it apart.

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I love the clip on my T10C and P10C but it looks like a different design than what you have on your T10C2. Mine is the 'reversible' one they sell at the eagletac store. It came standard on both my lights. I carry bezel down, and the top of the tailcap sits flush with the top of my pocket. It looks like if you purchase that clip, the light will sit WAY lower, but still bezel-up.

https://www.eagletac-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=103&products_id=654

druidmars

Enlightened
EagleTac T10C2: two questions

Hello everyone,

I am a happy owner of an EagleTac T10C2 for a few weeks now. I haven't run any strenous tests to the light only than intense use. I use AW rcr123 3.7v (750mAh). Is it normal that batteries suddenly die leaving me in the dark?

I went to their website I reread the specs concerning running time:

· Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel:
→ Turbo Mode: Constant 295 Lumens* regulates 1.2 hour to 50%
→ General Mode: Constant 60 Lumens* regulates 10 hours to 50%

Then I quickly checked the light-reviews website (http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_t10c2/) because I knew I was going to find a graph there. From what I could see the batteries die with RCR123s and dim with primaries. Do RCR123s die like this in every torch? Can any of you be so patient and tell me more about this?

Also, should I lubricate the threads of the flashlight? If so, what should I use?

Thanks in advance!

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EagleTac T10C2: two questions

Your batteries most likely have the protection circuit in them and they cut off before the batteries are discharged too low.