Plugging the "void" left after removing Surefire E series clip?

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
I would like to remove the clip from my new E2L (the upgrade from my original is great!). I keep it in the side leg pocket of my work jeans and don't need the clip, it will fit easier without it. The problem is I see this said very often:

Note that the clip and especially the spacer, support the O-ring at the head. Removing the parts will compromise that seal.

After removing the clip on my old E2L I found this to be true, the O-ring pushes out without the clip installed.

So after all these years, I was wondering if someone came up with some type of plug to fill the space where the clip is removed from, supporting the O-ring? It seems like a great little mod that many would be interested in, so I figured I would take a shot in the dark and ask here.

Thanks!

Wireman

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure if you posted the wrong link, since that seems to be a thread selling new bodies, or if you're saying I should just get a new body?

If it's the latter, I like the body on the E2L as well as the tailcap, I just spent quite a bit of money on it too so I would prefer to keep it and not spend more on a second body.

I'm mainly just looking to plug this void in order to support the O-ring, thanks!

mhubble

Enlightened
I made this out of a piece of rubber hose. It turned out ok but I did another one out of hard plastic that looked a little better. Its not too hard to do.

100371111hb9.jpg

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I was thinking maybe someone was producing and selling molded pieces to fit into the gap.

I found that the O-Ring really doesn't push out on my new E2L. The O-ring seems flatter than on the older E2L, maybe that's why? Anyway, it's OK all by itself, so I'll just leave it that way.

Thanks again!