Will SureFire lanyards scratch the anodizing?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm debating on using the supplied lanyard with my A2 and possibly my M6, but I'm worried that the metal clip part will damage the anodizing on the tailcap/body over time by rubbing against it.

Those of you who regularly use a SureFire light with a SureFire lanyard, has the lanyard worn away any of the anodizing or scratched it over time? Pics?

Thanks in advance everyone,
Robert

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my nephews has a SF A2 and he uses the attached lanyard. I saw him during the family christmas party and saw his A2, the clip that the lanyard is used to attach to the flashlight was worn down to the metal with no visible wear on the flashlight due in fault to the lanyard. The metal does seem softer on the clip than the flashlights themselves.

I figure if a Surefire can cut through a mini mag lite without a scratch, it can handle a lanyard.

I'll get a picture the next time I see him.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my nephews has a SF A2 and he uses the attached lanyard. I saw him during the family christmas party and saw his A2, the clip that the lanyard is used to attach to the flashlight was worn down to the metal with no visible wear on the flashlight due in fault to the lanyard. The metal does seem softer on the clip than the flashlights themselves.

I figure if a Surefire can cut through a mini mag lite without a scratch, it can handle a lanyard.

I'll get a picture the next time I see him.

So it sounds like it's pretty safe to use the lanyard. Thanks for posting that info. :)

Anyone else with similar/different experiences?

Robert

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well yes, it scratched the anodizing on my SF A2 but it took maybe over a year to show small spots of missing anodizing on the tailcap. Nothing serious.
I removed the clip on my Leef M4 and attached the paracord directly to the lanyard ring.

Qoose

Enlightened
I've got the stock Lanyard on my L1, same lanyard as the A2 I think. I see a tiny bit of wear on the tailcap. By tiny, I mean that some of the edges on the knurled diamonds are shiny.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I personaly prefer my lights to have a bit of wear and tear on the HA.

It gives the light character and shows that its been enjoyed and not sat on a shelf collecting dust.

Think of a flashlight like a baseball glove not a new car:cool:

Don't worry be happy,enjoy your lights.