Help Finding The Right Light

MSRC93

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I'm sort of a tactical flashlight enthusiast (like everyone else here). I bought a Surefire G2 LED last year and it was stolen from the camp site about 3 months ago. I've really missed my light and I've managed to get enough money to buy a new light.

I was wondering what Surefire light I should get? I want to get the most bang for my buck and I don't want to spend over $100 unless I just really find something I like.

I seen the Malkoff M60 is a popular bulb and for $50 and 235+ Lumans thats a huge bang per buck factor there! :paypal:

But what light should I buy to house it?
I like the aluminum bodyed 6P's because they might help dissipate heat a bit and I like the Defender Head on the 6PDL But at a $112 after I buy the bulb it will be over $150! That way past the budget.

My local hardware store carrys the G2L for $65 and the 6PL for $85

Would my best bet be to order a 6P and a M60 bulb for it?

Lets see your setups, I'm wondering what you guys have out there!

Thanks,
Tanner

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Does it have to be a Surefire?

What batteries do you prefer?(a single AA light can hit over 60 lumen out the front)
What size?
What output?
How much throw?
Multimode?(low, medium, strobe, etc.)

For under $100, the best band for the buck IMO would be another company like Eagletac, Fenix T series, Dereelights, or similar lights.

I'm just stating my opinion. Send me a PM if you want to but keep this thread from turning to a Surefire VS other company thread.

The 6P(IIRC it's cheaper on eBay or similar) + M60(check malkoff devices) is a pretty good choice. Polymer lights aren't good at transfering heat so the LED module could overheat under longer use.

MSRC93, post what you would like the light to be and we'll see what we can find.

:welcome: