questions about fenix TK10

tenaciousj

Newly Enlightened
just got a brand new TK10 and ive decided i like the tactical ring but dont like how it can come unthreaded and kind of sloppy while mounted on the light. im thinking about putting some blue loctite on the threads to fasten the ring in place, anybody else out there have any thoughts? also, noticed that the inside of the battery tube at the very end, past the threads, was all chewed to hell on arrival. kind of looks like someone removed the tailcap and dropped the light on concrete, anyway a little 400 grit sandpaper cleaned it right up and the threads were ok so i guess no big deal. also what do you guys use to lube the o-rings? petroleum jelly im guessing?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can locktite the tactical ring but if you screw it tight it should be OK. Vasoline is not recommended for O-rings because it may over time degrade them. Use inexpensive and easy to find pure Silicone grease to lube your O-Rings. A little goes a long way. I use Superlube (a teflon based product ) but it is a lot more expensive and I'm not so sure it provides any additional benifits over Silicone.

If you do a CPF search on Lubes you will get a host of threads and plenty of information.

Welcome to CPF.

Bill

Last edited:

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
Every time I get a new Fenix the threads always seem very gritty so I completely disassemble and clean them and lube the threads with tuff-glide. Works great.

bee-man

Newly Enlightened
I encountered the same nuance with the tactical ring on my black TK10. Since I try to keep my lights in excellent resaleble condition, I purchased a NovaTac EDC battery case O-Ring from LH, and installed it between the tactical ring and tail cap. You will have to smash the o-ring when tightening the tail cap, but I think it looks, fits, and works nicely for my needs.

tenaciousj

Newly Enlightened
I encountered the same nuance with the tactical ring on my black TK10. Since I try to keep my lights in excellent resaleble condition, I purchased a NovaTac EDC battery case O-Ring from LH, and installed it between the tactical ring and tail cap. You will have to smash the o-ring when tightening the tail cap, but I think it looks, fits, and works nicely for my needs.

great suggestion, im not familiar with "LH", is that an online store? are these o-rings easy to find under make and model of light?
thanks

h2oflyer

Enlightened
I solved the problem on my TK10 --- wrap 3 or 4 turns of dental floss around the body threads and screw on ring --- keeps it tight but you can still remove.

Latest posts