Is it just me, or...

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
...has CPF been a little quiet lately? I've noticed less updates/posts recently, don't know if eveyone's taking a temporary break from CPF.

Hope it cheers up soon!:thumbsup:

Haz

Enlightened
it's the holidays season, time for CPFer's to leave the computer screen and put all those fine collection of lights in real use!, camping, hiking, at the park at night etc!

I think once the holidays are over, we'll all be back in front of the screen looking for our next purchase.

Secondly, i notice the dealers and manufacturers have been quite announcing new products, so there is not much to talk about. I guess once they are back at work announcing new products, we'll be at it, once again!

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Holiday season is one reason for sure. Besides that, for me personally I've had the flu last two weeks. Completely bedridden first week. Only in the last day or two have I had enough energy to post anything here but I'm still not 100% better. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm not the only one. There's a really nasty strain of the flu going around this year.

gorn

Enlightened
Holiday season is one reason for sure. Besides that, for me personally I've had the flu last two weeks. Completely bedridden first week. Only in the last day or two have I had enough energy to post anything here but I'm still not 100% better. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm not the only one. There's a really nasty strain of the flu going around this year.

Here is the proper cure for you. Nyquil for the flu and a laptop for the bed. You will feel great.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Puchase a couple lights and call me in the morning! You'll feel better! :naughty:

nbp

Flashaholic
I always think it's strange that only a small percentage of the total members are considered active members. Like a sixth or so. (Members: 56,826, Active Members: 8,362) I'm not certain what constitutes an active member, but it's weird to me nonetheless. I wonder if a lot of people just join to ask one question and then don't show up again, leading to waves of action and then inaction.

Some quick searches reveal that of the 56,826 members

5718 have not posted 20 times to reach enlightenment
9729 have not posted 100 times to reach flashaholism
only 571 have at least 1000 posts

Just some stats to toss around :wave:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Traditionally November through mid December is CPF's busiest time. A lot of people are looking for Christmas gifts. Safari and Netscape constantly times out on me during that period in past years.

I click on CPF new posts, look at the mass of new posts, and hope it will quiet down some more. (I am still seeing 13 index pages, a few months ago I was seeing 7)

edc3

Enlightened
Unfortunately, for me anyway, it's probably not going to be a great flashlight year. Things are tight. I'm very lucky to have the lights I have. I think I was subconsciously stocking up for the economic Winter. I'll be enjoying what I have for a while.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, for me anyway, it's probably not going to be a great flashlight year. Things are tight. I'm very lucky to have the lights I have.

I agree... I am extremely lucky in terms of my flashaholism. Now I need those few extra work hours over the weekend to support my flashaholic relapse!