Anyone mod a zebralight yet?

tempman

Newly Enlightened
I can't seem to find any threads about swapping out LED modules on any zebra lights. My ideal reading light would be a q3-5a cree to replace the stock led. I can't find any threads with a picture of the whole light dis-assembled. Anyone?

DM51

Flashaholic
Please post in the correct forum. Headlamps or H&M would both be reasonable places to post this, but not in LED Flashlights where you have put it.

I'm moving it to H&M.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I can't seem to find any threads about swapping out LED modules on any zebra lights. My ideal reading light would be a q3-5a cree to replace the stock led. I can't find any threads with a picture of the whole light dis-assembled. Anyone?

I don't much like the 'cold' light LED in my H30, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be easy to swap the emitter.
I gently pried up the switch PC board and looked underneath. The wires under the board are so short, I could only lift it about 1 or 2 mm and peek under the edge. It appears that the emitter assembly is pressed into the tube from the battery end and then filled with that white caulk/heatsink adhesive. To get a good look, I would have to unsolder the wires from the switch PC board. That won't be hard, but soldering them back in will be a real pain because they are so short and they attach from under the board, but solder from the top.
Considering how much this little jewel cost me from Four Sevens, I don't think I want to risk any further exploratory surgery. I'll let someone else figure out how to pull the emitter without damaging the circuitry.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
Imagine a H60 with a P7 or MCE :devil::devil::devil:

Yah, the H30 is pretty weak. Definitely does not live up to the hype. I love the size, but it needs a serious improvement in output and tint. It could use a little MCE lovin. :D