Flashlight as a De-Icer!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've had some strange weather here in michigan over the last few days.
I tried to get into the garages at both of my houses tonight and both were frozen solid. I couldn't even get the key to start to go in. Luckily I had my C3/KT2 running an 1185 and 3 X IMR16340's on me. I fired up AW's soft-start switch and went to high. I pointed it at both locks for maybe 30 seconds.....and the key went right in and opened!:party:

I Love My Flashlights!!:grin2:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty awesome! I'll have to remember to grab my M6 when it's icy next time and do some experiments :D

jake25

Enlightened
Haha i was in the same situation. My windshield was frosted, and I had my 2D ROP in my truck. I turned it on from the inside and melted a good amount of ice

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
And here I was, thinking I was going to read about using the bezel to scrape the ice off!

In the same general vein, there's YouTube video that shows someone melting a plastic bag with an M6....

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had some icing and I had ice over the plastic lenses that cover my headlamps. I put on the high beams and they promptly melted through. :)

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had some icing and I had ice over the plastic lenses that cover my headlamps. I put on the high beams and they promptly melted through. :)

Which rarely comes up in the LED vs Incan threads but has been useful to me already a couple times this winter. By the time I scrape around all the vehicle windows I can just brush off any residual junk on my headlights.

Great now I need a hotwire Incan just to clear my locks too. I wonder if I can hang it from my keychain. :rolleyes:

nbp

Flashaholic
I melted some snow last night with my ROP. Ahhh....flashlights, what don't they do?

In the same general vein, there's YouTube video that shows someone melting a plastic bag with an M6...

I popped a black balloon with my ROP 2D HI.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, that was great but for car uses, wouldnt a hair dryer adpated to 12v DC be a much faster and more efficient way to do it rather than draining our flashlights (gasp!)

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, that was great but for car uses, wouldnt a hair dryer adpated to 12v DC be a much faster and more efficient way to do it rather than draining our flashlights (gasp!)

If you can't get in it's hard to plug the hair dryer in. :D Besides I don't own a hair dryer. I don't even own a comb. Clippers probably wouldn't help with deicing. :devil: