Nice cavediving pictures (with Barbolight, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
voeux2009vm1.jpg

Courtesy by Frank Vasseur

By the way, you can download for free his excelent magazine about caving and cavediving.

editveyriresvmposts1legrp8.jpg

editveyriress2legerqy1.jpg

Javier

Last edited:

JanCPF

Enlightened
Excellent Javier! Especially the first pic.
I'm not really a cavediver, but I've done the Dos Ojos in Mexico - one of the most memorable dives of my diving career. I have taken this picture about 50 meters from the exit. The viz. was stunning and probably more than 100 meters.
11_Cenote_Dos_Ojos.jpg

I didn't have my U-15 and U-04 at the time unfortunately, but I did have a nice Green Force 10 W HID along with a Pelican backup.

BTW how is that cyan U-04 doing in a cave environment? We have mostly pretty bad viz. in Denmark, so if you want it tested in murky waters on dark wrecks, feel free to send me one :naughty:

Jan

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great picture, Jan

I've never been to Mexico, but have been diving in Mallorca caves, and according to people who has been in both places they are quite similar.

Unfortunately the dirty sumps I use to dive are not so "wow", but I still like them... mianly because some of them are unexplored and is great to discover places not having to take a ticket on space rocket.

Regards,

Javier

A couple of friends on a not so clear cave...

obaya12880152ge4.jpg

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't have my U-15 and U-04 at the time unfortunately, but I did have a nice Green Force 10 W HID along with a Pelican backup.

BTW how is that cyan U-04 doing in a cave environment? We have mostly pretty bad viz. in Denmark, so if you want it tested in murky waters on dark wrecks, feel free to send me one :naughty:

Jan

A 10 Watt HID is not an enemy for a U-15!!:naughty:

Cyans are great for murky waters, firemen use them to rescue cadavers and that kind of things on rivers...

Javier

grinsefalle

Newly Enlightened
Wow, great pictures from Javier and Jan!
Good enough to make me a bit jealous... I never have been in such a cave, nor am I a diver...

But I can imagine, that cave diving is a very interesting, exciting and beautiful hobby!

Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, great pictures from Javier and Jan!
Good enough to make me a bit jealous... I never have been in such a cave, nor am I a diver...

But I can imagine, that cave diving is a very interesting, exciting and beautiful hobby!

Michael

Yes, it is.... and you need a lot of flashlights!!!! :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

shomie911

Enlightened
Greta pictures!

Makes me want to go caving, too bad I live in Florida.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question... In the one photo, it appears that the one guy is using a cyan light. Why? Is it better for depth perception, or what? Just wanted to clarify... Thanks.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question... In the one photo, it appears that the one guy is using a cyan light. Why? Is it better for depth perception, or what? Just wanted to clarify... Thanks.

We make some cyan-green lights for divers who usually dive on murky waters. Mainly rescue divers. It penetrates better.

Javier

fasuto

Enlightened
My little contribution from mexico:

A U-15 in Dos Ojos:
C081-Cenote%20dos%20ojos.jpg

In Cenote "Car Wash":
D084-Cenote%20Car%20Wash.jpg

Cueva del murcielago:
C234-Cueva%20del%20murci%C3%A9lago.jpg

C198-Cueva%20del%20murci%C3%A9lago.jpg

And I really doubt thant Mallorca have similar places. The mix of salt and river water in the cenotes creates a special atmosphere, sometimes you can see a lake beneath you (salt water) while you fly in the freshwater. In cenote angelita you can see a cloud floating betewn fresh and salt waters (made of sulfide you can ever smell it).
And sure you can see things like this in Mallorca:

D009-Cenote%20Angelita.jpg

Really a great place Mexico. I have to come back, because I could't light the jungle with my U-15 last time and is a thing that i want to do.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at "La isla de las Maravillas" by "Al filo de lo imposible" I was fortunate enough to take part of that documentary. The mix of salt and fresh water is present, and the caves are as great, if not more. That was the opinion of Mike Madden, who has been shoong in both places.

Javier

Status
Not open for further replies.