Another What's next? post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveD

Newly Enlightened
Another What\'s next? post...

Ok, I finally got around to putting my minox spy camera on ebay, and will soon have more flashlight funds. What to get next?

I'm lusting after both the A2, and the L1. I love the idea of the A2, and the low power mode w/ incan high beam. Unfortunately, I want a red one for the times I want red light, and a white one for the times when I want white light, but getting & carrying two of them just seems silly to me, and I've given swmbo enough to laugh at recently anyway. ("$80 for a _flashlight_??" major eye-roll, head shake...)

Why doesn't SF offer filters for these guys? Why didn't they make the bezel the same diameter as the Z2, etc.? Do they make any accessories for this thing? Grrr..

Of course, what I really like about the A2 is the low-power mode, and the L1 has one as well, and thanks to the folks here I believe it will be bright enough for my purposes. Also, it can take the same filters/beam shapers as my e2e, so that's another bonus.

But...there's no sexy two-in-one combination...no built in red low-power light...and no 50 lumen option for that occassional moment when my smart alec friend drops his keys in a dark parking lot and asks, sarcastically, "so Mr. Gadget, do you have a flashlight??" - then again, a 150 lumen option might not be enough then.

Of course, when I want a white one, it will be when I want to read in the car or the like, and I wouldn't want to hold the light anyway. Perhaps a new headlamp (my trusty petzls no longer satisfy, with their sloppy beams) would be a better choice for the low-power white option. Anyone know of a model that has enough light to read by, but not much more, with awesome battery life and a nice even spot? Maybe that and the red A2 would be the cheese.

I'm beginning to think the next time we pile into the car for a trip to one of the many in-laws, I'm going to have to have a separate bag for the flashlights! I should probably put some glow-in-the-dark tape on it so I can find it in the dark ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.