6D Mag as perp-whomping tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
A person I know has recently been attacked while in his own car. The attacker smashed the glass with a large stone and tried to unlock the door, in all likelihood to throw the man out of the car and drive off with it. Too bad for him that the car in question doesn't have the usual locking pins, just switches on the sides of the doors; he wasn't able to unlock it, and the owner managed to speed away and go home with just a broken window.

This got me thinking of ways in which I could make my own car life more secure. We cannot own guns here, and knives are a big no-no either; in fact, you'd better have good reason to carry anything that can be classified as a weapon, or the police can give you a very hard time.
Now, I hate mags, but I'm not aware of any other maces in civilian clothing ("it's so heavy because it lasts very long, officer"), so I'm pondering getting one to keep at hand's reach in the car. I would, of course, mod it with a LED, but half of its reason for existence would be to allow me to give a faceful of metal to any would-be thief, attacker or scumbag in general who happened to think it a good idea to come bother me.

I have three questions:

1) has anyone ever had to use a 6D Mag as a baton? If so, did it have the intended result?
2) is there any place where I can get a cheap clone of a 6D Mag?
3) are there 6D lights that come stock with LEDs? (pre-modded mags do not qualify)

Thanks.

DieselTech

Enlightened
I'm not sure the 6D is a suitable baton, it seems more like a baseball bat to me. :nana:

If you're concerned about having something that you could use to strike an assailant from inside a vehicle, you might be better off to look at the 3D/ 4D Mags. They're significantly shorter, so maneuvering them inside the car will be easier, and they're also lighter. Swinging a 6D light one handed may prove to be downright impossible while seated in a vehicle.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
I would say get a tigerlight, they look like normal flashlights but teh peperspray....that minght be a bad idea if thes any wind though, you would probably get a face full too =[ A 6D is alot of weight to get moving, I would say something like a 4D Ive played around swinging one and they are pretty quick to motion and hurt like hell when you hit yourself =]

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're in your car, a 6D may be too clumsy to wield, a 3D or 3C may be a better option, alternatively, get a light with an assault crown and strobe mode, strobe then crown 'em.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're in your car, a 6D may be too clumsy to wield, a 3D or 3C may be a better option, alternatively, get a light with an assault crown and strobe mode, strobe then crown 'em.

I was thinking that, you can't smack somebody effectively when you are sitting in a car.

I'd jus throw the car in reverse and crank steering wheel all the way and sideswipe the sucker.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Mag 6D seems WAY too big to try to use as a weapon when in a vehicle. Instead, how about an E2D/L and learn up on using it as a Kubotan? Or maybe just the E2L if the defender head might be deemed unacceptable by the polizia. I recommend the 2-cell E-series lights due their size being nearly that of a typical Kubotan as I understand it (except that they are larger in diameter).

In the end though, I'm going to have to agree with outersquare (post #2).

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tire Irons or "the club" both belong in cars, well excepting the club that is. Both are metal, heavy, yet wielded somewhat reasonably.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing except for a gun/peper spray can/ hunting knife already in the driver's hand when someone is attacking is going to help.

Your best bet is just to drive off and call the cops. If the attacker is unrelenting then you're already in your weapon.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy your friend escaped Fallingwater. A 6D Mag would not be a good weapon in a car. Its too big in a confined space and where would you hide it? Your best bet would be to pay attention to your surroundings and take a self defense class. Someone sticking their hands inside your car window would offer you some unique advantages. You could grab fingers or wrists and use the door frame or steering wheel as fulcrums and break them. Individual fingers are very vunerable to attack. But you must practice constantly to be able to take advantage of these conditions. The problem is you have to get close to your assailant to damage him. Most people do not want to do this. And most likely you will be attacked by more than one person.

It has been along time since I trained for such events. So now my experience is more "Mall Ninja" than anything else. Weapons offer a false sense of security and more often than not give the criminals advantages in court. That being said, if you don't want to invest in the training, a weapon will not offer you a overwhelming advantage barring a lucky strike. A skilled opponent will most likely take your weapon and use it to beat the crap out of you.

Just pay attention and run like hell. Hurt pride heals quickly, broken bones don't.

Last edited:

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
^ Now that's something.

A 3D should be plenty long enough to put the beatdown on a perp.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
move to a country where self defense is not illegal
On the upshot, it's a lot harder for petty criminals to get ahold of guns here too (well, at least in the northern parts of the country where I live). If my acquaintance lived in a country where guns are sold over the counter, the attacker would have probably just pointed his gun at him and ordered him to get out. Yes, he could have had a gun as well, but it wouldn't have done him any good after the other guy pulled his out first.
He coulda tried shooting after the thief had driven off, but if he missed the other guy would have shot back, and at a certain point you've got to wonder if you'd rather risk your car to a thief armed with stones or your life to one armed with a gun...

What do you drive?
Mazda 3 hatchback. When I'm not on my bike, that is :p

Tire Irons or "the club" both belong in cars, well excepting the club that is. Both are metal, heavy, yet wielded somewhat reasonably.
But neither makes light. Yeah, I could just get a normal flashlight for that (or repurpose one of the many lights I already have), but the idea of having monster runtime and/or monster power in a light that's also good for head-bashing intrigues me.

"Tire checker"? :thinking: SInce when have people checked tires with baseball bats?

You've convinced me that a six-D is way too long for my intended purpose - actually I shoulda have figured it out by myself - but now I'm wondering: do six-Ds get sold just to people who want lots of runtime? Cos they seem too bulky as efficient instruments of bashing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.