My face was burned with a Laser today...

CNC Dan

Enlightened
I'm having laser hair removal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It hurt a little, and I could see the light that was transmited through my skin to my eyes.

Now my face feels like I was slapped,... hard, ... with a sunburn.

I have to go back every 5 weeks for 4 more treatments. They are going to get less painfull as the hair gets thinner and thinner. The laser doesn't hurt, but the hair exploding does.

Look for a used razor on the B/S/T forum in a few months.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
jeez...i was all worried... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

the only reason i can think of would be you he is tired of shaving, or he is having a complete sex change... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were you turning into a warewolf? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif :p

Seriously, what parts of your face did you use the laser on and why?, I want to get rid of some beard around adams apple because I always get cut there with the electric razor.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I was gonna say: Where to buy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd have to admit, though: Not shaving once every 2 days might be a good thing...

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Yes, I am sick of shaving. And like Alex, I have a hard time doing a good job on my throat area.

I am having my beard and mustouche(sp?) done as well as a few stray hairs on my ears.

I'm still sore today(day after) but no redness or swelling. I can't imagine what it would be like to have ones bikini area done.(youch)

I have to stay out of the sun to keep my skin as light as possable. I have a few light whiskers on my chin and they may not be able to be zappped. The laser is 'tuned?' to the pigment of hair and skin and burns the darker stuff while passing through the lighter stuff.

To help with burning, a cold pack is placed on the area to be treated for a while, and the laser thing has a jet of -30 deg. air that cools the spot just before the pulse of light.

Each pulse covers about 16mm (5/8"). The power level is adjustable. We started at level 16 and whent up to 17.6 as we started on my upper lip. When we got to my lower lip and chin it started to hurt so we went back down to 16.5. When they hit a hair dense area it hurt more than a hair sparse area, as less energy was being absorbed. That's why further treatments will hurt less, as less hair is there to absorb the laser energy.

Tomas

Banned
Dan, my psychologist from years ago had his face done for his convienience and safety as he was a hemophiliac.

Actually, occasionally over the years, I have thought that it would be nice to reduce my pelt, but as it appears I've been carpeted it would probably take a flensing knife.

Let us know how it goes, eh? I've heard differing opinions on just how "permanent" laser hair removal is.

tomsig03.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

can they laser that litle patch of hair just inside your nose? I have been harvesting the little garden growing there, in my medial crural footplate, for years.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
I'm having my neck area done when I can afford it. This freaking baby skin gets messed up after shaving. My only concern would be ingrown hairs after the opperation. I had a little batch of those nasty guys and had to have them cut out. EYUCK!!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Tombeis said:
You guys must be wealthy!

I had a hard time swinging $79.95 for a new Norelco today.

[/ QUOTE ]

tom, i envy you. i think you swing better than most. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:
can they laser that litle patch of hair just inside your nose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but 'nose' was on the list areas on the price sheet. But I think the trouble would be getting the laser to the right spot. My nose hair seems to grow from the back side of the front, so you would need to shine the laser 'out' of my nose to get it. And I think the inside of your nose is more sensitive, so it might hurt too much. Or maybe the skin is thin enough that you could get at the base of the hairs form the outside? You can always ask.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wylie said:
I'm having my neck area done when I can afford it. This freaking baby skin gets messed up after shaving. My only concern would be ingrown hairs after the opperation. I had a little batch of those nasty guys and had to have them cut out. EYUCK!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think ingrown hairs is likly. It wasn't mentioned on the medical release form.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
FalconFX said: And I was gonna say: Where to buy?

I'd have to admit, though: Not shaving once every 2 days might be a good thing...

Your lucky, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I shave in the morning, and by 2:00 it looks like I haven't shaved at all. So it's 2 times a day sometimes for me rather than every 2 days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I have very coarse hair that grows fast. But I would like to keep my facial hair as I freqently change sideburn styles, and goatee/etc patterns. I'd look funny and or too young if I didn't have facial hair. Helps my chin look bigger.

Will they do, erm. Uh. Lower regions on men? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I have always wondered that. I wouldn't mind shedding some fur down there. (sorry to those with vivid imaginations) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Yes, they will.... But you wouldn't want to.
It hurts bad enough on my face. I was going to have my nipples done, but after feeling it on my face, no way.

I've had three out of five treatments so far, and after each one, the hair comes in in less and less area. And it hurts less too, as the hair gets thinner.

hula

Newly Enlightened
There doesn't seem to be a painless way to remove hair permanently or for a long period of time. I admit to being quite hirsute and this prompted me to once having some extensive hair removal before going to the tropics. I couldn't afford Laser hair removal so I opted for waxing. Let me tell you - that hurts! I had blood coming from my chest all in the name of vanity. I know women don't like hairy men so I underwent this ordeal but next time I'm not so sure. I think it's bad that they require of men something they cannot easily control like body hair levels. I don't go around saying what shape **** I want a woman to have!
Still I'd like to try Laser hair removal because at least it leads to permanently hair free skin.

Hula.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Thanks guys,
This thread made me realize that having to shave every day isn't such a bad thing after all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Dan,

How would you decribe the feeling as it actually occurs; like you're being snapped with rubberbands, shocked, hit or what?

[ QUOTE ]
hula said:
.. I know women don't like hairy men... Hula.

[/ QUOTE ]
That definitely doesn't apply to all women

Brightnorm

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hula said:
I know women don't like hairy men....

[/ QUOTE ]

That gene seems to be passed around a lot for that to be the case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Uh.... when you start a sentence with "I know women", our skeptical nature is immediately triggered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif