Deree 6P drop-in 1SM-2 5A Q3 w/SMO Beam Shot request

N/Apower

Enlightened
Does anyone have a beam-shot of this out-doors at-distance? Thanks!

Any idea on torch-lumens? I was told 8-10K LUX, what does that equate to?

Is this warmer, or cooler, than an M60W?

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a beam-shot of this out-doors at-distance? Thanks!

Any idea on torch-lumens? I was told 8-10K LUX, what does that equate to?

Is this warmer, or cooler, than an M60W?

All the reflectored P60LED dropins of same or similar design have about the same type of beam profile. The Dereelight 1SM-2 5A Q3 is the same warm tint as the M60W (which uses a Q2 5A emitter) but a hair brighter (most likely you can't see the difference). For an idea of different P60LED dropins, look at this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186080&highlight=dropin+beamshots

N/Apower

Enlightened
All the reflectored P60LED dropins of same or similar design have about the same type of beam profile. The Dereelight 1SM-2 5A Q3 is the same warm tint as the M60W (which uses a Q2 5A emitter) but a hair brighter (most likely you can't see the difference). For an idea of different P60LED dropins, look at this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186080&highlight=dropin+beamshots

Is the Deree light known to be reliable? (I don't want some kind of DX econo LED. I want something that will stand up to hard use and the recoil of a rifle).

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Deree light known to be reliable? (I don't want some kind of DX econo LED. I want something that will stand up to hard use and the recoil of a rifle).

Yes Dereelight is known for making quality products. I also happen to think the DX dropins are of decent quality and are definitely a bang for the buck.

brammalay

Newly Enlightened
I looked on their website they said /smo and /op i'm not sure what that means. Is anyone familiar with the code? What is the difference between two on the output?

flip

Enlightened
Reflectors: smo=smooth(farthest throwing but beam quality isn't the best); op=orange peel(doesn't throw as far but more even beam quality)

jblackwood

Enlightened
As far as tint, I've got one MC-E, one R2, and two Q5 pills from Dereelight. As far as my naked eye can see, all of them are identical in tint to my (Malkoff) M60 and M30. I run them all off of AW cells and I'll take some pictures comparing the CL1H with a smooth reflector and orange peel reflector for comparison with an M30 and an M60 in the new Malkoff host and a Surefire 6p, respectively. Should be interesting.

As far as recoil, not being into guns I wouldn't know. But if I were into guns, I'd take a look at the new model fenix is putting out that supposedly takes measures to protect against recoil.

brammalay

Newly Enlightened
Thanks jblackwood,
I will be waiting for your pictures patiently

jblackwood

Enlightened
Ok, these pics were all taken with my little Canon A590 IS on Manual. I set the white balance on "cloudy" because on the screen it looked most like what my naked eye saw and I think these pictures show the tint pretty well. The distance between the lights and the door is 95 inches. The first four beamshots compare P60 sized lights.

This set up is my mic stand on the left ad camera tripod on the right. Obviously the camera is in my hands at this point!

img0970xdi.jpg

My door (painted white) on which the lights will be shined.
img0971p.jpg

Beamshot 1: Dereelight CL1H with Q5, 3SD pill #1 and a Smooth reflector
img0972k.jpg

Here we see a nicely defined hotspot with nice even spill and only one yellowish halo around the hotspot.

Beamshot 2: Dereelight CL1H with Q5, 3SD pill #2 and an Orange Peel reflector
img0974q.jpg

Here it looks like the OP reflector has eliminated the halo and the hotspot still looks pretty concentrated.

Beamshot 3: Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M60
img0975l.jpg

Woah, the spill is much less defined than on the CL1H. Does the stock SF 6P lens take away brightness from the M60? Check the next pic for AN answer (who knows if it's a correct one?).

Beamshot 4: Malkoff host M2D (#55) with an M30
img0976m.jpg

In this pic, the spill looks brighter. If the M30 and M60 put out the same brightness, then the lens takes away some brightness.

For these next pics, I just had to show some differences between the R2 and MC-E, at least at close range. Tomorrow I'll add outdoor pics that really tell the tale between the thrower and flooder!

Beamshot 5: Dereelight DBS with an R2 pill and Smooth reflector
img0977m.jpg

Check out that hot spot!

Beamshot 6: Dereelight DBS with an MC-E pill and Orange peel reflector
img0978elm.jpg

Basically, this spill is as bright as all the other shots' hot spot.

Beamshot 7: Dereelight CL1H with MC-E and the older Orange Peel reflector
img0980x.jpg

Funny, the spill looks larger than when the MC-E pill is loaded into the DBS. I suppose it makes sense since there's more distance between it and the exit point when it's in the DBS than in the CL1H. It makes for a more intense but narrower cone of light in the DBS and a wider cone in the CL1H.

Maybe I'll go and take pics with the M60 in the M2D. I'll use the same battery, of course!

jblackwood

Enlightened
Ok, just took these for you Malkoff fans (aren't we all?).

Here's the M30 in the M2D (took this picture again with the focus centered so you could see more of the spill).
m30h.jpg

And the M60 in the M2D:
m60l.jpg

Looks like the M30 is brighter on fresh batteries.

brammalay

Newly Enlightened
Thanks jblackwood.
For number 6 is good flood and neutral tint. Perfect setup. Tint wise i think is similar to my p4. but definitely not lumen wise :twothumbs.
I love seeing beam comparison. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy.:crazy: :tsk:
any q25a?

jblackwood

Enlightened
Thanks jblackwood.
For number 6 is good flood and neutral tint. Perfect setup. Tint wise i think is similar to my p4. but definitely not lumen wise :twothumbs.
I love seeing beam comparison. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy.:crazy: :tsk:
any q25a?

I thought the warm LED's were usually from the Q3 bin. Either way, I don't have any. I prefer my lights cool. :cool:
But seriously, my preordered Nitecore EZAA will come to my doorstep in a 5B tint, if the rumors are true. As you can tell from the pics, Gene's optic does such a good job of focusing and processing the light from the chip that it's so smooth and even. Really the epitome of what a beam should be. Dereelights are right up there with these drop ins, especially considering the price. Flashcrazy is the US dealer of Dereelight products. 2-3 business days is all it will take to get any products from him and just like Gene, his customer service is incredible (www.flashlightconnection.com). I just came from the "Cheers" section of CPF and there are three threads there for him (Jay) as well as several replies echoing the praise. Two out of three of my Dereelights (I've got my fourth on the way) are from him and I use two DBS's every night for my walks, one with an R2 and a smooth reflector and one with an MC-E. That's why I just had to include their beamshots . . . they're my constant companions. Who knows? The C2H might just displace my Nitecore D10 GDP as my pocket EDC when I get it.:drool:

Last edited: