I don't think I really like this Forum...

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I don\'t think I really like this Forum...

I've just been recently introduced to the existence of this forum through Blade Forum after searching for a quality light. I just aquired today a Pelican M6, a Photon 3, and a Sure-Fire E2e w/ the KL1 head. These were all recommended to me by the searches I did on this site.

That's why I don't like this forum. I love the lights! They're great! But the last thing I need to be doing is spending more $$$$ on things that fit in my pocket (I already own more than my fair share of knives).

I'd like to thank all of the members who posted their suggestions in the past 6 mos. recommending their favorite lights.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I don\'t think I really like this Forum...

you will probably find way more holics willing to push you into new buying frenzies, even though they won't admit it, except to themselves privately. Welcome to the forums and if you haven't guessed by now there are way more lights that you need to round out a budding collection. For example, yesterday, I thought the big end of my collection was lacking a bit so I went out shopping and guess what I found? A 3,000,000 Candle power Vector vec139 spotlight for, here's the beautiful part, for $45 plus tax, just keep reading and you'll keep buying, and buying beyond the point where you can actually coming up with any rationale for buying more lights than you possibly need.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi MXDan...

Welcome aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The CPF is best described as a group of happy, but never satisfied, obsessives who have banded together through inevitable fate. Your joining us was actually not a voluntary act on your part, but rather something that was predestined for you from the very moment you were born.

So...it`s good you`re finally here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You`ll find the world of flashaholism to be ever exciting, but always agonizing. If you do not yet know what of I speak, you soon will.

From my experience here, the CPF`ers are as nice and civil a group of people as you`ll ever hope to find. But still, now that you`re finally and officially one of us...

May God have mercy on your soul!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello MXDan,

Welcome.

I look at it a little differently. Just think of all of the money you save by not having to buy a light and see if it is what you have been looking for. You can just read the reviews and get the best one for you.

The problem is that after reading the reviews, I tell myself that I never realized that I NEEDED a light for this or that situation...

Oh well, you don't really need to eat, do you?

Tom

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's just that feeling of turning on a handheld, bright source of light in darkness that's unexplainable, except to say it's addicting to be in control of darkness...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Catman10

Enlightened

I agree with Silverfox. As soon as I bought my first Inova (blue)X5T, I was hooked and immediately bought another one in white, a maglight and 4 microlights. After joining this forum I have spent more money, but on much more satisfying lights than I would have otherwise. Still love my X5T though.

B@rt

Flashaholic

fc3d9dd7.gif

It seems to me like you're hooked already... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Whistler

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MXDan said:
That's why I don't like this forum. I love the lights! They're great! But the last thing I need to be doing is spending more $$$$ on things that fit in my pocket (I already own more than my fair share of knives).

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always sell your car to buy some more... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

God may have mercy on your soul, but, not on your wallet. hehehe

The problem, is that the good lights cost more than $2 each. I just spent $100 on only one flashlight this month, and about $60 on 3 others (total). These are all white LED lights.

Next month I have to buy a bunch of AA batteries in both lithium and alkaline, since I have been supplying my mom's needs as well as my own. It is truly amazing just how fast you can go through 80 alkaline AAs!!