Surefire's Gun Metal Gray Finish ?

JOHNNY-FLASH

Newly Enlightened
Saw on Surefire's web site where they offer the gun metal gray finish on the 6P original . Any one out there have a Surefire with this type of finish ? How well does it hold up ? Likes-dislikes ?

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
I am not here to hi-jack this thread, but I have been curious about this as well. I have been eye-ballin' that light for some time now. I am getting tired of standard black on flashlights.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a SF E2e in Satin Gray (not Gun Metal) and it was nice and a different color than black or natural HA.

I would say it was more classy versus more work light when compared to natural HA.

w77435409.jpg

That being said, I sold it because I like black and natural HA better.

EDIT: I just had a thought after looking at this thread again, the color is not gun metal but SG, Satin Gray. The Gun Metal color seems a bit "brighter." The difference between the two I am not sure (just like how General Motors has 100+ shades of red for their paints.....)

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pics above give you a pretty good idea of the color. Be advised, though, that the early "gun metal" ano finish was essentially clear anodizing, and the color was therefore basically the polished aluminum color. I don't know how many years ago this changed - quite a few, so if you're buying new, what you see above is what you'll get.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an E2 in the gray finish for a year or two. The finish seemed to hold up as well as the standard black finish (no the HA black) on the regular 6P, and when it did get scratches, they weren't as noticeable as on the standard black finish.