Whence Fraen?

Tweel

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I need to know how to buy Fraen optics. Tried searching at Future, nothing under Fraen, and can't find any threads here with purchase info.

Thanks,

Paul

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fraens are to be released through Future in 6 to 8 weeks... Fraen has just recently relesed a new optic mount (ring spacer) better suited to flashlight use.

I have a sample of the "tabless" medium, and have heard the tabless narrow is due out inside of 2 weeks. I may be receiving a sample of that optic to review and will compare it to the "4-tab" Fraen narrow and NX05.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the Fraen optics. Glad to hear they're coming out soon.

BTW, has anyone compared the 6 degree Fraen to the EL 30mm optic? I seem to recall somebody doing that, but I can't seem to find it.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good so far. Maybe the Fraen would finally get rid of the barbecue grills I've gotten on my 5Wers...

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lux Luthor said:
BTW, has anyone compared the 6 degree Fraen to the EL 30mm optic? I seem to recall somebody doing that, but I can't seem to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have samples of all the Fraens and a 30mm (Elektrolumens) collimator. I have never tested them against each other in a write-up because the 30mm has such a tight focus - like a reflector..

That be said, I've found it more appropriate to test the 30mm against reflectors, and have found that the 30mm will come up short against a Mag D/C reflector, but there are many other lights that are not blessed with a reflector as good as the Mag has, and these are where the 30mm will find its best use (like a D cell Brinkmann which suffers from a flat design or so I've been told, the 2C Nexstar). The 30mm is a bit overly large diameter wise, But it's nice and shallow and will hold it's own or beat a reflector of equal size. The way I see it, the more options we have, the better..

BTW, I have a 3x123 McLux that I've been searching for a C3/M2 type head (I have the E2C adaptor)... I plan to direct drive (9v) a 5W white using a Fraen narrow pattern optic.

Blue_Shift

Newly Enlightened
I was in contact with the people from fraen about two weeks ago. But as soon as I said the optics would be for personal use intially they stopped reponding to my emails. I do not think I am the first to have this problem. Oh well, I guess they don't want our buisness.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Blue_Shift said:
I was in contact with the people from fraen about two weeks ago. But as soon as I said the optics would be for personal use intially they stopped reponding to my emails. I do not think I am the first to have this problem. Oh well, I guess they don't want our buisness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too had some initial problems establishing contact with Fraen. The reason is that they are a multi-national company based in Italy, and their branch office in the US is WAY understaffed for the level of demand they receive in inquiries for portable light design & use.

I can tell you that I've had both conversations and email exchanges that went WELL outside of anyone's normal working hours (near midnight from the sender's locations), so it's not like they're not working hard to try and keep up.. That being said, I'm very convinced that even though responses are not always as timely as we would like, they are paying close attention to redeveloping optics better suited to our use in flashlights.

Blue_Shift

Newly Enlightened
Update: I got a response from them today. The person I have been talking to said he was out of the office last week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Slick said:
Fraens are to be released through Future in 6 to 8 weeks... Fraen has just recently relesed a new optic mount (ring spacer) better suited to flashlight use.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been 11 weeks. Does anyone have an update on Future's status on stocking these?

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Doug S said:
[ QUOTE ]
Slick said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been 11 weeks. Does anyone have an update on Future's status on stocking these?

[/ QUOTE ]

just got it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Future Electronics ->

Phone - 1-888-LUXEON2
email - [email protected]