Streamlight Microstream LED

robotoid

Newly Enlightened
Got one today, $20 (know the shop owner discount priced) well spent. I like this little light, it will be an EDC for me from now on. Walking around the house now with the lights out and it lights up a room easily. Handy little belt clip and runs on a single (and cheaper) AAA battery.

lightplay22

Enlightened
I got my wife a 1xaaa for christmas and i think i would like to have one too as it is a very nice little light, especially for the money.

shomie911

Enlightened
did you get the 2xaaa? or the 1xaaa?

He said it runs on a single AAA in the original post. He got the 1xAAA version :nana:

I have a Microstream as well. You definitely get a great light for a little money.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/183590&highlight=this+is+nascar+microstream

This is a great review This_is_Nascar did a few months ago. Since I only occasionally use mine (even though it's my EDC) I haven't felt the need to spend the extra for Lithiums yet. The only thing I can add is that there is a very short time between when it drops out of regulation and it dies, so if you might be in a critical situation carry spares.

I also own the Stylus Pro, the Microstream's big brother (2xAAA). Obviously it is longer by the length of one AAA, has a longer runtime, and is a touch heavier. Both of them are small enough to be a comfortable shirt pocket carry.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
later put a LD01 head on it for even brighter!:thumbsup:

YES! YES! YES! excellent idea! and take the Streamlight head on the Fenix bod, The SLMS and L0D are a great combo!!!!

dmonay

Newly Enlightened
I have this little light (the 1-AAA) and it is my shirt pocket edc for work. Its surprisingly bright, and has some good throw for it's size. It lights up a large tree in my front yard, well part of it, and is good for looking under the hood of a car in all of those dark corners in the engine compartment. My son who is a mechanic saw it and had to have one. It lights up the average room very well. I highly recommend it to any one who wants a small lightweight light. :twothumbs
Btw for the big lighting purpose I use my Novatac 120P, so I always have light ! :D

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I also use this light and have been very impressed with it! I keep mine as a back-up to my back-up. My Microstream is attached to my duty vest. Although it does not get used much its nice to know its there in case of an emergency. Its truly the smallest of my duty carried lights and it is fairly impressive in terms of its size to output ratio. Nice to know there is a durable light the size of a AAA battery. Even better when they're given to you for free!!! :naughty:

elumen8

Enlightened
I carry the Microstream everyday. It's dependable and pretty bright for such a small package. IMHO you picked a real winner. The Ld01 lego sounds like fun too. I also have a Streamlight Nano on my keys and a Streamlight Stylus Pro in my briefcase.

Wait a minute... it's almost midnight on New Years Eve and I'm at a party while posting to CPF on my cell phone... this is wrong...so wrong!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

flashlife

Enlightened
Microstream !
Great little light.
I retired my older Coast David 19 EDC in favor of the Microstream...it's just as bright, much smaller, weighs a lot less, and uses cheaper batts.

Now I just have to figure out how to justify buying another one !
(I know, I know...flashmaniacs don't need an excuse )

Or maybe a SL Nano, to be a little brother to the E01 on my keychain. ??

BTW, how many tiny flashlights do we need???....That many Huh??

Bradlee

Enlightened
Could someone post a picture of the microstream with the head removed? My body/head sure seem like one piece... :thinking:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I gave three of the AAA Stylus Pro's for X-mas presents & kept both types for myself as well. They are really nice little throwers. The beam on my Microstream happens to have the same characteristics as my perfect SF L1 TIR optic- beautiful hotspot, perfectly smooth transition to spill, zero artifacts. Luck of the draw, my 2xAAA is pretty good too. Fantastic products for the money.

The one I gave to my wife immediately ended up in her jacket pocket, and she first used it only a day or two later - :D - that's how I felt.:)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast