need some input on P3D tint..

Which of the following best describes your stand?

• I own both a P3DRB100 and Q5 and the difference in tint is non-existent/the Q5 is warmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own a P3D Q5 and the tint is relatively warm compared to my other Q5 lights

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I own a P3DQ5 and the tint is relatively cool

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I own many, MANY fenix lights, and all the tints are warmish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own many fenix lights and the tints vary

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like really warm tinted lights. I saw my friend's P3D RB100 and i liked the tint. My P1D Q5 has a really nice tint, so does my Tk10
all my fenix lights with a Q5 so far have had really great tints.. can i expect the same out of the P3D Q5? if not i might have to pay that slightly higher price for a RB100...

how many owners out there? any help is much appreciated!

thanks!

Crenshaw

Last edited:

evilr00t

Newly Enlightened
My first two L2Ds were pinkish blue (~7400K), non-Q5 emitters. When I moved to a New L2D Q5, it was lower colour temperature (6200K?) and slightly green, but superior in colour rendition outdoors.

I've seen a RB100 P2D and it was EXACTLY the same tint as my New L2D Q5.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint lottery should be in full effect, same as any light/brand.
i was afraid of that...unfortunatley.....tint is a real deal breaker for me...but its also unfortunately the one thing you cant REALLY get a spec on for regular lights. Only tint specific lights like the Tk20....:ohgeez:

Crenshaw

JermsMalibu

Newly Enlightened
I own a P3D Q5 and a P1D Q5. The P1D is pretty warm but the P3D is pretty cool. My NDI is cool too but it's a little bit warmer than the P3D. I bought 2 Q5's on star boards and they are both quite a bit cooler than my P3D though. So of my Q5 lights, the P3D is the coolest. It's still nice though and I love having that light around.