Anyone make a USGI style (anglehead) LED light?

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
Was looking through my duffle bag and found my issue flashlight.

flash-mil-angl.gif

I was thinking it would be cool if someone made an updated LED version.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Someone does Cree XR-E mods... I can't remember who though.
3-brands off the top of my head that make angle heads
Pentagon Molle
Firstlight
eveready

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, Fulton does make an Angle-head flashlight with an LED - runs about $20 at the PX.

I can't speak to the quality or run-time.

I tweaked my old Fulton out with a Mag 2D replacement LED and ended up giving it away. Great output and runtime though. Kinda wish I'd kept it.

-Trevor

JBorneu

Enlightened
A MagLed 2D dropin will give you pretty good output and long runtime. They are thermally protected so they won't overheat.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to do a little field-expedient tweaking, but it isn't so difficult that I'd call it modding, either.

-Trevor

kramer5150

Flashaholic
A MagLed 2D dropin will give you pretty good output and long runtime. They are thermally protected so they won't overheat.

I don't think the MAG led will drop right in... at least it wont on my older MX991/U. The plastic threaded retainer is too small inside diameter.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I wonder if I ship Wayne my issue Fulton and a U2SWOH would he be willing to hook me up? He does not say what emitter he uses in that build and I have 1 on hand.

Last edited:

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
Actually, Fulton does make an Angle-head flashlight with an LED - runs about $20 at the PX.

I can't speak to the quality or run-time.

I tweaked my old Fulton out with a Mag 2D replacement LED and ended up giving it away. Great output and runtime though. Kinda wish I'd kept it.

-Trevor

I just found some on an auction site. Doesn't say which LED, output, or runtime but it is considerably less than the other alternatives.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did one of these for a friend. I ordered the Dorcy led drop in because it showed a picture of a side emitting led. I had read on here from other modders that the side emitter worked best with that reflector. Well, Dorcy Direct sent me a lambertain led despite what thier picture showed. The results were less than stunning. Also, wrote a complaint to Dorcy and never got a response. Ba**ards. :)

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tomahawk is a little pricey but looks like an excellent and very durable light. There are also the (now discontinued?) MOLLE lights from Pentagonlight. Those are definitely not in the same category as the Tomahawk, either in terms of price or build quality.