Lithium Grease for Lube

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I hope that I am posting this in the right area. Anyway, I have a tube of white Lithium grease that I hade from a previous job. I have always used it to lube up my Maglites. I am now getting into the Fenix and other high output LED lights. So my question is I know they you need to lube them as well. Is White Lithium a good idea for these high dollar lights?

mdocod

Flashaholic
I've used it when I couldn't find anything else to use and it seems to work fine... not sure how easy it is on O-rings but O-rings are cheap.

Cydonia

Enlightened
The white lithium grease has an unpleasent smell to it, at least, the few brands that I have encountered over the years did. That stink alone is a downer. It's not something you want to be in regular contact with from swist tail cap light threads etc., either, I think. I would be worried about its effects on the O-rings more than anything though... :thumbsdow

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
at work that is one of the main things we used it for was different kinds of O-rings. Now of course this was an industrial plant mind you. I will look into buying a flashlight specific here soon. Thank you for all of your help