New Terralux options for 2AAA minimag ?

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

I have several Minimags 2AA and 2AAA.

For the 2AA models, I have most of the available drop-in kits from Terralux and MJLED. Several output levels (and runtimes) and several led colors.

But for the 2AAA models, it seems as if the Terralux TLE-20 is the only option to go. Basically it is not a bad kit, offering a real improvement against the standard incan bulb, but it remains limited with only some 10 lumens output and only available in white.

Does someone know if there are any new kits available for the Minimag 2AAA, now or in the near future?
Sometimes it seems to me that the 2AAA model is not so popular :mecry:. But I find it much more carryable in most coat pockets than a 2AA model.

Does someone have good news for the 2AAA ?

Kind regards,
Joris

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the terralux AAA upgrade is nice, its enough for me, good for close work and retains focus. works well indoors, not for outdoor use really. i actually want to upgrade my single AAA mag ?

LEDconvert

Newly Enlightened
Not that I'm aware of. It would appear to be neglected compared to its larger brother.
I keep my AAA Mag within reach in the car for looking at maps or passing to passengers to search for something, but since my recent conversion to Fenix-ism, my L0D is my EDC. I think I have bought every Terralux drop-in for the 2AA Maglite, and while I like the MiniStar2 Extreme, none of the Terraluxes can compete with my L2D. Even the L0D on brightest setting can compete well with the AA Mag.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my 2xAAA MiniMags too, but aside from anything custom, I believe the current Terralux offering is as good as it gets. I've got one, gave one to a friend who uses it for service work, and have an older, dimmer drop-in as well.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
none of the Terraluxes can compete with my L2D. Even the L0D on brightest setting can compete well with the AA Mag.

yeah i know that now after finding cpf lol :) just want to get my mags as best as they can easily go, theve never let me down before, just a bit Dim right ? once the mags are sorted ill be geting the best AA torch i can find :)
Didnt think id sucome to the Light wallet joke haha