How to reset LF3XT to factory defaults?

oldpal

Enlightened
I know that this has probably been mentioned, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it by searching. I have my LF3XT in a state where I can't get the default user mode 50% intensity. What do I need to do to get the factory defaults? Thanks.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Hey, oldpal. Welcome to CPF. If you just want to get back into the compact user interface (CUI) what you need to do is 5 fast clicks followed by a push and hold. There should be two quick flashes to indicate the change followed by the light shining at a 50% level.

Geoff

oldpal

Enlightened
Hey, oldpal. Welcome to CPF. If you just want to get back into the compact user interface (CUI) what you need to do is 5 fast clicks followed by a push and hold. There should be two quick flashes to indicate the change followed by the light shining at a 50% level.

Geoff

Thanks, Flying Turtle. - The first time I did the 5xC + PH I got a strobe when I did a 1xC + PH. Man what a crazy sight. The second time I got the reset. Thanks a lot.

Hugh

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Flying Turtle. - The first time I did the 5xC + PH I got a strobe when I did a 1xC + PH. Man what a crazy sight. The second time I got the reset. Thanks a lot.

Hugh
Just to clarify; this is not the factory "Reset", but simply switching the user interface from FUI to CUI.

oldpal

Enlightened
Yes, a reset is 3 clicks plus a press hold. This will turn the user mode to 50% and the overdischarge and tactical settings off in the CUI.

Yes, this is what I wanted to do. I ramped the light and apparently changed the user mode from the default 50% and didn't know how to get it back.

You know, even the English section of the operation manual is not as clear as it could be. I wish that someone who really understands the functional settings of this light would put together a simple, concise set of instructions. I really would appreciate it.

Hugh

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Ithink a lot of users get confused between ""reset"" and toggle which is switching back and forth between CUI and FUI.

If you did not go into FUNCTION SETTING MODE , make changes and save them , then your light should still be in FACTORY RESET as you got it.

You can allways verify if you are in CUI or FUI by doing a quick 2 click. In CUI you will go to super low(.2%) and 2 click back to User setting.

In FUI a 2 click will advance you to next mode(light came set at 5 modes) which includes beacon flash and strobe.

Remember that a 5 click and press hold (toggle) command will confirm with a double flash. Same thing with 4 click to add or remove MOMENTARY.

Once you get this sucker figured out it's fantastic!

Walter

oldpal

Enlightened
Ithink a lot of users get confused between ""reset"" and toggle which is switching back and forth between CUI and FUI.

If you did not go into FUNCTION SETTING MODE , make changes and save them , then your light should still be in FACTORY RESET as you got it.

You can allways verify if you are in CUI or FUI by doing a quick 2 click. In CUI you will go to super low(.2%) and 2 click back to User setting.

In FUI a 2 click will advance you to next mode(light came set at 5 modes) which includes beacon flash and strobe.

Remember that a 5 click and press hold (toggle) command will confirm with a double flash. Same thing with 4 click to add or remove MOMENTARY.

Once you get this sucker figured out it's fantastic!

Walter

I'm trying, maybe I'll get it before long.

Hugh

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, even the English section of the operation manual is not as clear as it could be. I wish that someone who really understands the functional settings of this light would put together a simple, concise set of instructions. I really would appreciate it.

Hugh

Maybe you have not seen this Manual.

Did you see the LF3-XT Threads?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are only going to be using the CUI interface but want the user defined mode there reset to 50%, the simplest way is to enter the FUI and then exit back to the CUI. You do not have to do anything in the FUI, except to switch back to the CUI. Your user defined mode is now back at 50 percent.

To switch between interfaces, do 5C+PH. Repeating the 5C + PH will switch you back to the interface you started with. If you want to retain that 50% setting, just be careful never to ramp in the user defined mode. Instead, if you should temporarily want a different level, switch to either Min or Max and do your ramping there where the ramped levels are not retained.

oldpal

Enlightened
If you are only going to be using the CUI interface but want the user defined mode there reset to 50%, the simplest way is to enter the FUI and then exit back to the CUI. You do not have to do anything in the FUI, except to switch back to the CUI. Your user defined mode is now back at 50 percent.

To switch between interfaces, do 5C+PH. Repeating the 5C + PH will switch you back to the interface you started with. If you want to retain that 50% setting, just be careful never to ramp in the user defined mode. Instead, if you should temporarily want a different level, switch to either Min or Max and do your ramping there where the ramped levels are not retained.

Thanks, this information is helpful.

@StandardBattery - Yes, I've seen the manual and am trying to keep up with the LF3XT threads.

Hugh