Opinions on light with clip

woppini

Newly Enlightened
Hi fellas...
B-day is comming up, and a great freind wants to get me a light that i can clip to my waist (not a belt loop sheeth). I have been doing research on the e2e, e2eo clip lengths. But i really hate to see her spend nearly a 100$ for something like that. Heck i would enjoy it, but if i lost it, OH NO!! What about the brinkman legend? Does anyone know if i can get a clip from them? or aftermarket? The head seems a bit big to have on your waist, but for 20$, i feel better about it. Thanks for your input..

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you clip an E2e or E2o insider your trouser pocket then it will be very secure. Also, people clip them inside their back trouser pocket with good results.

For beltclipping, the long clip of the E2o is better although I don't find belt clipping as secure as pocketclipping. If you want to clip on to the waist of your trousers then I have no experience of this method of carry. I guess the shorter clip of the E2e would be more secure

The Scorpion comes with/has available a clip I believe.

Al

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
woppini,

Get the E2e because it is expensive. Seriously.

The more expensive something is the less likely you are to lose it. The more expensive it is the greater care you will give it.

Between the Brinkman and the SF you really aren't making a fair comparison.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I lost an old E2 because the pathetically weak clip left the E2 in the taxi.
The long clip in my experience tends to allow the flashlight to move and twist from it's location clipped on a belt or in a pocket. I've had several experience of the long clip detaching from my clothing.

The only SureFire clip I trust is the short clip.

I guess the best way for you to go is to get an E2e-HA and call SureFire 800-828-8809 to get hold of the long clip. Then you can decide which one you like.

Inverse Square

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Jeff said:
woppini,

Get the E2e because it is expensive. Seriously.

The more expensive something is the less likely you are to lose it. The more expensive it is the greater care you will give it.

Between the Brinkman and the SF you really aren't making a fair comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find just the opposite is true with me, I can easily keep my inexpensive gear. It's the expensive gear that gets lost or damaged. But that's 'cuz the Universe is out to get me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The long clip on the e2e will bend easily /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

woppini

Newly Enlightened
well, thanks guys, sort of leaning toward the e2eo now, sorry to insult a SF with a brinkman. Where are my manners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I build lot of Brinkmann mods, so I've had the opportunity to check out their clip.. It's a fairly nice piece. The only noted weakness is the black coating can get scratched off of the stainless base metal of the clip.

I might add that I prefer to carry my light "muzzle-down" in the pocket.. The clip serves to suspend the light's lens above the keys, change, and other lens scratching items lurking in the bottoms of our pockets. But you can put the clip on the light facing up or down depending on your personal preference..

The depth of the pocket on my daily wear pants determines the # of cells my EDC will have for that day.........

here's a couple of recent favorites..

brinks1.jpg