Husky 2D switch problem

Flenser

Newly Enlightened
Hi--

I bought a Husky 2D three or four weeks ago, and have been loving it. Tonight when I went to use it to "charge up" my son's GITD stars on his ceiling, the switch wouldn't click. The light goes on in momentary mode, but won't click into the "on" state. It had been working fine up until tonight.

I thought I remembered reading a thread where others had this issue and remedied it by cycling the switch 30 times or something, but I can't find that thread. Oddly enough, googling for "husky 2d switch" and other combinations turn up a lot of hits.

I can return the light to Home Depot, but I've been happy with the LED position. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing the switch?

Thanks!

Richie086

Enlightened
I can return the light to Home Depot, but I've been happy with the LED position. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing the switch?

Thanks!

Hi Flenser,

I know what you mean about the hassle trying to find a well centered LED. I purchased 4 of these lights and returned two of them just to get two good ones. If I were you, I'd try and work the switch as you suggest so maybe it'll free up. Or, try to lubricate it if you are able to get under the rubber. If those suggestions fail, you're going to have to return it and for another one.

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
My Husky 2D switch is very hard to press and I am a bit worried that the switch won't work one of these days, but it works for now. This was the only one in the store that had a good led position out of a dozen or so lights!
Maybe if you return it they will let you mix and match the part?
It's worth asking them.

mylesc

Newly Enlightened
I had the same switch problem with 2 lights bought from 2 different stores. Both lights would turn on at maybe 1/4 brightness. The first light worked great for 2 weeks before it became problematic. I cycled the switch at least 40 times and no difference. I liked the lights but I lost all faith and returned them.

JWP_EE

Enlightened
That may have been my post you remember.

My switch stopped working after a few weeks. I cycled it for 3 to 5 minutes (300 to 400 times) and it started working again. It has been working for over a month now with no further problems.

I don't say this will solve your problem but it worked for me and may be worth a try. Think of it as a workout for your thumb! :rolleyes:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one where the momentary didn't always work right, but it would always click on and off OK with some effort. It was defective right out of the package. No matter what work out I gave it, it never worked right. I returned it, and I am glad I did. I returned it and went to a different HD where I found my perfect Husky. The switch works great with little effort, and the LED couldn't be better centered. It doesn't even have that many rings!

If I were you, I would return the light. It is lot easier explaining to the customer service guy that the switch doesn't work, rather than saying the LED isn't centered right and getting a strange look, like what are you talking about?

Duglite

Newly Enlightened
Had a similar problem with the one I returned. Try pressing at a variety of different angles from true perpendicular, and/or try some variations of lateral pressure while pushing down.

Flenser

Newly Enlightened
I cycled the switch a hundred times or so, at different pressures and lateral forces, then returned it.

I bought a new one that has an even better LED position, but after I got home and opened it, I found that the lens is cracked. It doesn't affect the beam too much, so I'm not sure whether to return it or not.

If it weren't so cheap and powerful, I wouldn't think twice about swearing off this device.