JetBeam Jet III M Questions

Albinoni

Banned
I've noticed that some new JB Jet III M's come with a reflector thats half OP and half SMO does this have any advantages and how does it reflect the beam output.

Is the Jet III M the same size as the Surefire 6P or fenix TK10/11 or slightly larger.

If I were to run this torch on 1x18650 batt does this mean its beam output would be brighter than 2xCr123 or 2xRCR123 batts, knoing me to start it off I would just use 2xCR123 batts until I get a good quality 18650 batt and charger, I cannot afford to use cheap crap 18650 or any batt in this torch that would explode and ruin it.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed that some new JB Jet III M's come with a reflector thats half OP and half SMO does this have any advantages and how does it reflect the beam output.

Is the Jet III M the same size as the Surefire 6P or fenix TK10/11 or slightly larger.

If I were to run this torch on 1x18650 batt does this mean its beam output would be brighter than 2xCr123 or 2xRCR123 batts, knoing me to start it off I would just use 2xCR123 batts until I get a good quality 18650 batt and charger, I cannot afford to use cheap crap 18650 or any batt in this torch that would explode and ruin it.

1. This is the new reflector, It's suppose to smooth out the cree rings in the beam. I don't have one so I can't say. I have the Warm Tint version and I have no problems/rings with the original reflector, but the Q5 is typically showing more pronounced rings when it is driven hard.
  2. It is slightly longer than the 6P and the TK11 (less than 1/2", maybe a 1/4" if measure from the tip of the 6P switch boot.). No problem though I like it, fits very well in the hand.
  3. I have no idea, but it is plenty bright on an AW 18650 Protected cell.
I think you'll like it, but all my comments are on the warm/neutral tint version.

Last edited:

Albinoni

Banned
  1. This is the new reflector, It's suppose to smooth out the cree rings in the beam. I don't have one so I can't say. I have the Warm Tint version and I have no problems/rings with the original reflector, but the Q5 is typically showing more pronounced rings when it is driven hard.
  2. It is slightly longer than the 6P and the TK11 (less than 1/2", maybe a 1/4" if measure from the tip of the 6P switch boot.). No problem though I like it, fits very well in the hand.
  3. I have no idea, but it is plenty bring on an AW 18650 Protected cell.
I think you'll like it, but all my comments are on the warm/neutral tint version.

Ok which LED does yours take, also when you say the warm/neutral tint do you mean the beam isnt a pure white LED but more so slightly yellowish or creamish. Mist of the ones I've looked at have the CREE 7090 XR-E (Q5 bin).

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok which LED does yours take, also when you say the warm/neutral tint do you mean the beam isnt a pure white LED but more so slightly yellowish or creamish. Mist of the ones I've looked at have the CREE 7090 XR-E (Q5 bin).
I think JetBeam refers to it as Neutral, the reflector is light OP, and the emitter is an X-RE Q3-5A tint. A Common emitter in the new Neutral/Warm tinted lights.

Albinoni

Banned
In terms of diameter is it about the same circumference as a 6P or slightly thicker.
Ooops and I forgot to ask, though they say the Lumes is 225 can this be pushed to say 235 or 240 and if so is this done by using different type batts. For eg would a lithium 18650 give out more lumens than that of 2xCr123a's how about RCr123's

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
There is no point, the sort of extra lumens (10 or 15) wouldn't be noticeable.