• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: LionCub "style" Lights ***SOLD***

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale: LionCub* style lights in Alum or Brass

These lights are made from my after market Mr. Bulk parts I've been offering for quite a while. They are made up of three basic sections. The Battery Body, Control Module, and Bezel Head. The control modules are from a run that Mr. Bulk offered earlier for those who wanted to play "Lego" with extra parts we users had collected. The heads and bodies were machined by myself.

Specs:
1) LionCub V2. Driver, PWM (Direct Drive) Same as the original LionHeart/Cub series.
2) SSC P4 emitter USXOH
3) McR-20s reflector
4) Powered by RCR123
5) Your choice, 1 of 4 Ti bezel styles, short or tall, plain or crenelated. See Pic

Pricing:
$195 shipped in the US, Add $6 for Int 1st Class
Paypal OK

IMG_6950.jpg

For those who may not know, the UI on this driver, made by Taskled, is simply one of the best around. It can be modified to the users preference for "variable" brightness mode or a five distinct level mode. The low setting is perfect for night time adjusted eyes and can be set to latch on any output level. I set mine for the following UI:

From Off position...
Short Click, Light on, lowest level.
Long Click, latch to highest output
Long Click, latch to low again... or short click, Off.

From Off position..
Long Click, Hold, Light on and steps through 5 output levels, release to latch.
Another Long click and hold will reverse the output.

If you never used one of these drivers, you owe it to yourself to try it! You will be delighted by it's simplicity. They are also available in a regulated version for those who prefer a level output across the life of the battery. I prefer the direct drive version as the low setting is much lower and tossing in a fresh rechargeable is so easy! Although this driver and UI has been around for a while, in it's various light forms (LionHeart, LionCub, Chameleon, Dragon, etc) It is one of the few variable output lights that can access all the functions comfortably, one handed, without changing your grip.

Closer view of the head and Ti bezels
IMG_6947.jpg

Tail end view shows difference on bottom. On these particular parts the aluminum version is recessed and the brass is solid.
LCtails.jpg

At the buyers request, a shorter body can replace the extended body on either the brass or aluminum light.
LCShortbody.jpg

Your choice of Ti bezel...
4bezels.jpg

*Note: These are not original "LionCub" lights and were not assembled by Mr Bulk and I am responsible for any issues that may arise. As with all my sales, I will gladly issue a Full Refund if you're not completely satisfied!

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: LionCub "style" lights in Alum or Brass

If I were to buy an aluminum one can you drill a hole for a lanyard ring and cut a slot (so the ring will pass through when tailstanding) in the tail?

Also, presume it would be possible to get black button aluminum?

Neale

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I were to buy an aluminum one can you drill a hole for a lanyard ring and cut a slot (so the ring will pass through when tailstanding) in the tail?

Also, presume it would be possible to get black button aluminum?

Neale

I don't have that exact hole/slot combo, but I'll throw in a tail like this, no charge... This particular one has slightly undersize threads, but works fine when tightened. Yes, black button available...

LCtail2.jpg

shuter

Enlightened

I'll take the brass Cub

Edit: with short body and short crenelated bezel if possible

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Richard,

I'll take a Brass Cub!!!:twothumbs
PM has been sent. Winter Classic.:party:

Happy New Year!!!

Best Wishes,
Steve​

Last edited:

skcheng

Newly Enlightened

Ti lights to follow?? :twothumbs

Thanks Richard!!

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ti lights to follow?? :twothumbs

Thanks Richard!!

Well almost! I have two of the three sections in Ti! I made these a while back for the guys that had Ti Dragons...
IMG_6147.jpg

The control module is the only component that I promised to Mr Bulk not to replicate. After asking him, he said it was OK to make the heads and tails for "aftermarket" custom Cub parts. I've always tried to distinguish my parts from the origins with slight design changes as I don't believe in "cloning" and selling identical copies. I have kicked around making a modified control module without the side switch hole... the light would then need to be a twisty or rear clickie light...

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I know there is no chance, but I will call backup on the Aluminum one anyway. Happy New Year everyone.