P7/M-CE/? Need advice please

kaimaikid

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
before anyone says google it - been there and done that which has caused me even greater confusion... :thinking:

Anyway - I am after a P7/M-CE/? led flashlight either new or used (in new cond.)

my wants:

• 1-3 18650 battery power
  • be a thrower with some flood
  • under $100US with postage
  • reasonable quality
  • would prefer the P7 but hey...
ok I know that P7s aren't designed for throw but have seen some shots where they throw extremely well with a big hotspot, ideally if I could get something that could throw as well or nearly as well as the dereelight dbs v2 with a much bigger hotspot, that comes within my budget, I would be a happy chappy. :)

Lights I have looked at so far are the likes of solarforce L900, WF1000, WF1200, EPSILON ED-P72, and others...

Can you fine knowledgable folk recomend something for me please :poke:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's $50 or 50% over your budget at $145 but the Wolf Eyes Sniper MC-E looks tempting to me. It's rated at 500 lumens.

For $40 or 40% more than $100, I am personally waiting for an ElectroLumens P-7 to arrive rated at 700 lumens

Shrigg

Newly Enlightened
DX sku.12060 The MTE SSC P7 900-Lumen 5-Mode Super LED Flashlight (18650) looks very promising and puts out a claimed 900 lumens which sounds extremely optimistic even at the emitter.... But it has great flood of genuine 400+ lumens out the front based on the DX reviews. All the praise has me wanting one for mountain bike / all around high output use.....

kaimaikid

Newly Enlightened
I had the Aruroa P7 2 mode single 18650, I was quite impressed with that but want something with more throw and maybe simular spill....

will check all of those out :thumbsup:

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
I think your list pretty well nails the best candidates. I just purchased a new Solarforce L900M from lighthound and absolutely love it. It is the 2 cell version. This light really throws compared to my XTAR P7 and even the Dereelight DBS with MC-E. This solarforce is throwing about as well as my best p60 modules, yet the spot is much, much bigger. All with a decent tint to boot.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
DX sku.12060 The MTE SSC P7 900-Lumen 5-Mode Super LED Flashlight (18650) looks very promising and puts out a claimed 900 lumens which sounds extremely optimistic even at the emitter.... But it has great flood of genuine 400+ lumens out the front based on the DX reviews. All the praise has me wanting one for mountain bike / all around high output use.....
That does not give good throw. More of a flooder.

M@g P7 left, MTE 5 mode P7 right:
MagP7DXreflector_MTE5modeP7.jpg

-----

How big a light can you (OP) go with. All the thrower P7 lights have big (52+ mm) reflectors with 55+ mm bezels at which point you might also look at M@g mods.