Best Surefire EDC LED under $200?

Peter P.

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Im a newbie but ive been reading these forums for about a week now. I was wondering what's the best all around Surefire EDC LED under $200? (I searched the forums ahead of time but couldnt find any threads like this:mecry:)

All opinions will be greatly appreciated. :twothumbs

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd have to say the E1B - barely over the L1. I've had both lights and LOVED the L1 but I like the E1B a little more because of the lower low and therefore the increased runtime. If the L1 had a lower low I'd be all over it. I'm hoping Surefire updates the L1 with something like a 2/100 output and make it black HA....I'd go broke buying them up.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on personal preference, I'd say you should look at the L1, L4, and C2 w/ aftermarket LED dropin.

Consider how you are going to carry it. I say stick to the E1L, E1B, or L1 for front pocket carry. With a holster the sky is the limit, L2, E2DL, C3, Z2, and E2L would be my first choices.

greenLED

Flashaholic
...and I gotta say "it depends on your needs"

(and then fully support the L1 suggestion - one of my favorite all around lights)

cl0123

Enlightened
L1 - like the low-to-high interface
E1B - like the smooth texture and the reversible clip

If you get into the 2-cells arena, I would suggest the E2DL as well. Very lightweight and nimble in design. Lately, I have been carrying a C2 in my pocket if I were going out after dark. However, it is on the bulky and heavy side.

If holster-carry is in the picture, then either a C3 or my personal favorite M3.

$200 should give you a lot of flexibility.

With Aloha,

Clarence

[Off-Topic]Fenix P1D+Leef :thumbsup:[/Off-Topic]

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Peter. My ownership experience with Surefire only involves an L1, but I've played a bit with others. There's only one thing I'd change about the L1. That's make it smaller, but I'd say that about any light. Performance is excellent. The low to high switch works nice, and it even does a good job almost fully draining a battery.

Geoff

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I read, the Surefire L1, E1B should be good size wise. Maybe a diffuser with it because they have a pretty powerful hotspot. Maybe a 6P if you want easy to upgrade.

I know you asked for Surefire but does it have to be a Surefire?

:welcome: