Lummi RAW NS size comparision & question

Southernlight

Enlightened
Hi, I am seriously considering the Lummi RAW NS, from what I can understand this light will not run of a CR2? It only runs of a 14250? Is this correct? :shrug:

Also if anyone could help point me to an image or take an image of a RAW NS next to a Nitecore EX-10 it would help give me an idea of size.

Many Thanks :)

HKJ

Flashaholic
I can not help your with pictures of the NS, but the Al is that same size and I have that light. The light was once announced in a CR2 version, but I do not known if the current version can use CR2 batteries, if it can it will be at a reduced light output.

Picture is: D10, EX10, RAW, Wee:

DSC_3169.jpg

DSC_3170.jpg

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
a serendipitious moment indeed as i have just ordered a Lummi Raw NS as a Christmas present to my self.

It only runs on 14250 cells, no CR2s i'm sorry to say.

Sizewise, well, i'm still waiting for mine to come in so i can't post any measurements for you and couldnt seem to find any on Lummi's site but it's definitely small enough for me.

I completely forgot to order spare cells when i ordered the Lummi but AW has spares going for $4.50 shipped (ordered 2 spares already).

Welcome to the Lummi club (if you get one). And, the Raw Al is the same size as the Raw NS, looks pretty nifty eh??

Just get it, and if you don't like it, i'm sure there will be no issue finding willing buyers on CPF for a slight discount, tried looking for one in the marketplace but none were available which to me is a good sign of the light's popularity.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
good photo HKJ :)

My Raw al is a tiny bit shorter than an AA cell, and about the same width as a 18650.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am seriously considering the Lummi RAW NS, from what I can understand this light will not run of a CR2? It only runs of a 14250? Is this correct? :shrug:

Also if anyone could help point me to an image or take an image of a RAW NS next to a Nitecore EX-10 it would help give me an idea of size.

Many Thanks :)

Yes, that is correct. I also considered this light when I was looking for a really small flashlight. The fact that it can not run on primaries is one of the reasons I did not choose this light.

At 45mm, this is a tad shorter, but wider, than a AA battery.

Southernlight

Enlightened
I can not help your with pictures of the NS, but the Al is that same size and I have that light. The light was once announced in a CR2 version, but I do not known if the current version can use CR2 batteries, if it can it will be at a reduced light output.

DSC_3169.jpg

DSC_3170.jpg

HKJ, thank you so vvery much for your images, the RAW looks a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I think I'll be wanting one of these soon.

Thanks for all the replies and cheers to all.

Tim

crocodilo

Enlightened
Raw NS is great! I have the 100/20 version, and it tottally rocks. I too am expecting spare batteries, and until they arrive this is the light I drop into my pocket whenever I get (and stay at) home. Fantastic beam, the 20 lumens are enough for almost anything, the 100, tailstanding, will light up the entire room. All this in a diminuitive size, with free lumens!

Nowaday I make a point of only using rechargeable batteries when at home. The Raw is just perfect for this, and home is probably where I use my flahlights more often.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast

GORGEOUS photo, HKJ! Thanks!

Centropolis

Enlightened
Raw NS is great! I have the 100/20 version, and it tottally rocks. I too am expecting spare batteries, and until they arrive this is the light I drop into my pocket whenever I get (and stay at) home. Fantastic beam, the 20 lumens are enough for almost anything, the 100, tailstanding, will light up the entire room. All this in a diminuitive size, with free lumens!

Nowaday I make a point of only using rechargeable batteries when at home. The Raw is just perfect for this, and home is probably where I use my flahlights more often.

I am also thinking of getting a Raw in the near future but want to ask you about the lumen options.

I was planning to get the 200/20 option because I want to use this outdoors while camping and think that I need the extra lumens when I am ourdoors walking around. But hearing that your 100/20 on high is pretty bright, I want to get an idea how useful you think the 100 lumens is outdoors camping. Because it is very efficient at 100 lumens, if i can get away from not getting the 200 lumens version that only runs for about 25 mins on high.

Let me know what you think.

crocodilo

Enlightened
Typical outdoors needs would be a low lumen flood (Raw's great at that) for close work and walking (and you eyes are somewhat dark adapted), and a high lumen thrower for checking stuff in the distance. My guess is that Raw's floody beam isn't the most adequate for throw, regardless of 100 or 200 lumens.

Besides, to be honest, I'd say the Raw is too small and "loosable" to be on the outdoors. If you add the inability to run on primaries (with low self-discharge, great for backup)...

For the outdoors I'd reccomend a Fenix, or Surefire.