Fenix PD reflectors

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats actually changed? I have an OP PD20, but i am wondering what the different would be if i bought a PD20 with a smooth reflector.. Would the throw of the light be significantly improved? Also would there be enough spill for it to be useful for close range navigation?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I have a pair of P1s, each with a different reflector; the smooth looks notably more ringy, and has a slight edge on throw that you'll only notice on the most distant objects outdoors. The spill on both is the same, the OP only smooths out the transition from hotspot to spill.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pair of P1s, each with a different reflector; the smooth looks notably more ringy, and has a slight edge on throw that you'll only notice on the most distant objects outdoors. The spill on both is the same, the OP only smooths out the transition from hotspot to spill.

What? You were able to get p1'a with the new PD range optimized reflectors?

I have an original P3D CE smooth, and a P3D Q5 orange peel, and i see that difference, but im asking about the new reflectors on the PD range with the new optimized reflectors. My PD20 is OP but its still quite tight, so im wondering what the difference would be if i got a smooth one.

kts

Enlightened
I got 2 smooth LxD and 1 OP theyre all Q5..I like the smooth best for the outdoors, it has a little more throw, but not much.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got 2 smooth LxD and 1 OP theyre all Q5..I like the smooth best for the outdoors, it has a little more throw, but not much.

Do you think smooth is good enough for close range navigation? ie looking infront of you to make sure you dont step in something.