01.01 SUREFIRE L6

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi SF fans,

Happy New Year to you guys.

Here is a SUREFIRE L6 classic ( very bright light even on its own ) custom with a 15W Ostar :D, my first build in the 2009.

Enjoy...

SPECIFICATION:

- Brand new SUREFIRE L6
- Custom brass heat-sink module
- 15W Osram Ostar (QY bin)
- Blue Shark with Remora ( 4 mode with SOS )

L6cd.jpg

L6ad.jpg

L6bd.jpg

L6dd.jpg

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're doing requests how about a beamshot outside at 10M or more? :D

I've been looking for a good upgrade to my L6 and the Seoul I stuck in it wasn't that exciting.

-LT

Britelumens

Enlightened
Thanx !
Is the beam as nice and artifact-free as the pic suggests?

Hi Kiessling,

Yes, very smooth and hot beam ( almost perfect ). Only 1 ring seen that is very near to the outer most brim which is cause by the bezel. It's a shadow from the bezel.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice! :clap:

What is the output current and what battery setup are you using?

Britelumens

Enlightened
nice but how long can this one can stand ( heat wise ) once turned ON.

Hi nanotech17,

I would say that it's advisable to run the highest setting (more than 15W) on this small light on momentary use. And I did a test to find out how warm it can get and got a little surprise.

I found out at the highest output and have it run for a couple of mins, the SHARK driver thermal protection somehow kick in and shut the light off which caught me by surprise. I could not remembered reading if the SHARK driver has a specific power cut off to protect its circuit at a given unsafe temperature. And I could again turn it on after having it resting for a min or so which I think pretty fast to recover from.

Then, I immediately have it turn on again at the medium level and had it run for 40 mins. And it was just feeling warm but still comfortable to hold. I'm quite pleased as I have the entire body sink rather just the head alone. I choose to have it sink as I would want to make this light a useable light than a show piece. And also to make full use of the body finned.

BACKUP :nana:

Noted :nana:

Very nice! :clap:

What is the output current and what battery setup are you using?

Hi Icarus,

It's running on 3 x 3.7V RCR123 1000mAh unprotected cells. And while voltage dip, I record a highest current draw of about 1.68 amp on this L6 at highest setting.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I didn't notice you used the shark with remora. :banghead:
Did you measure output current (going through the led) on high?