AA LED Mini Mag end click switch?

donnylast

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the board, and this is my first post. I work in a place were I need a good flashlight. I have a AA LED Mini-Mag but I hate the twist switch. Is it possible to upgrade it with an end switch? I had a 145 Lumen LED flashlight that I bought at Menards for 12$. It worked very well but fell apart in less than a month. I haven't used this Mini Mag yet but it seems to be very bright.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nite Ize IQ and Ram switches will not work with the AA MagLED lights...I've already tried.

They need to be modded with a longer spring to work.

Same thing basically applies for any third party tail switch designed for the regular AA Minimags.

EDIT: I just tried a trick with the spring from the AA MagLED tailcap.
I took the spring from the AA MagLED tailcap and put it upside down over the spring of the Nite Ize Ram switch and it worked.
It's a sloppy hack, but it did the trick.

Last edited:

USM0083

Enlightened
I tried the Terralux tailcap and found the spring to be a bit short. Rather than stretch it, I used a magnet to bridge the gap.

haley1

Enlightened
I have three Niteize IQ switches, all work as advertized. I don't know about durability yet, the oldest one is a little over 8 months and not used every day. But so far so good. The only issue is with rechargables, the levels on the switch quit working long before the batteries are empty. But they're rechargables so not really an issue.