Knowledge on edi-t torches

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik_no

Newly Enlightened
Dear readers

I came across this webpage http://www.edi-t.net/, and found their torches especially the tactical series to be intresting, therfore i need to get some background on these torches before i obtain one of them.

Does any of the forum readers know where i can buy one, or even better does anybody have hands on experience with them

Best reg Erik

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
I picked up an edi-t D2 18650 dive light a few days ago.
These are very solidly built, have good output, and the magnetic collar makes changing modes a breeze.
Even comes with a world mode charger :twothumbs

Doesn't let water in when underwater, so all in all it seems legit to me.

I can post images if anyone is interested, but the CAD drawings look just the same.

Mine has a smooth reflector as opposed to the aspheric lens shown in the exploded view, but other than that they look just as on the website.

They do a few new models not shown on the website. In particular some 700lm models, using a MC-E or P7 (just guessing here, but what other options are there?).

I will happily buy another - anyone interested in a group buy?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a flashlight with a EDI-T driver... busted it.. oops.

that one was aparrently not reverse battery protected.

AW

Newly Enlightened
Well, they steal couple pictures of my batteries too.

I spy a Gladius, an Invictus, an M1 Illuminator (I suspect that one's just a placeholder), an LED Lenser, oooooh... even a Dorcy!

At least they don't discriminate when they borrow designs.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they steal couple pictures of my batteries too.
Yeah, I saw that too.

Granted there's a liberal amount of cutting and pasting (and borrowing), but there's still an awful lot of man-hours in that web site. Even ignoring the duplicated entries for different cells sizes, there's 30+ lights on the site each with cut-aways, exploded renderings and shots from multiple angles. I can't recall seeing something that elaborate with so little substance behind it in a flashlight-related site before. :thinking:

Misan

Newly Enlightened
I have EDI-T P2R, and I think it's nice flashlight for it price. 5 mode (20%, 50%, 100%, SOS, strobe). Most of its advantage in the possibility of changing the focus of the beam.

DM51

Flashaholic
If people wish to read more about these products, I suggest they go to the links suggested above. This thread contains too much advertising, and is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.