Surefire Z2L

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the Surefire Z2 Led (the nitrolon Z2 with the metal head) will accept the regular P60 style drop-ins and/or the Malkoff drop in?

I want to go nitrolon, but I figured the metal head that comes with the Z2 LED version would be better for heat dissipation.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Does anyone know if the Surefire Z2 Led (the nitrolon Z2 with the metal head) will accept the regular P60 style drop-ins and/or the Malkoff drop in?

I want to go nitrolon, but I figured the metal head that comes with the Z2 LED version would be better for heat dissipation.

Yes, the Z2L will accept the P60 incandescent LA, and will accept other brand LED drop-ins including the Malkoff's. I am surprised that SF does not mention the dual purpose of the Z2 in their description on their web site.

Bill

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Just to be clear - the G2ZL has an aluminium bezel.
The G2ZL is the Nitrolon version of the Z2L.

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about -- the G2ZL with the aluminium bezel. Just wanted to be sure that it would also take a malkoff drop in if I wanted to use one... Wanted the nitrolon style combat light, but with an alum. head for better heatsinking ability if I drop a malkoff into it.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Yes, the Z2L will accept the P60 incandescent LA, and will accept other brand LED drop-ins including the Malkoff's. I am surprised that SF does not mention the dual purpose of the Z2 in their description on their web site.

Bill

Yes, and when you click on the button for add-on parts for the Z2L, it doesn't list any of the incan bulbs, i.e. P60/P61.... So I thought maybe it wouldn't accept them, and thus more importantly wouldn't take a malkoff.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Z2L is no different from any other standard SureFire, as already mentioned, so one could swap out the P60L for a P60 or P61 if desired.
If SureFire's website was comprehensive there'd be no need for so much confusion and discussion on forums like CPF... We've gotta get our kicks somewhere...

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
I suggest the metal Z2 if you're going to use a full-power Malkoff. A regular Z2 is cheaper than a G2Z LED, anyway.

Besides, if you're going to drop in a Malkoff, there's no point in paying all that extra for the P60L you won't use anyway.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I suggest the metal Z2 if you're going to use a full-power Malkoff. A regular Z2 is cheaper than a G2Z LED, anyway.

Besides, if you're going to drop in a Malkoff, there's no point in paying all that extra for the P60L you won't use anyway.

Yeah, I thought of that, but I've noticed a few on ebay the odd time where the g2zl was as cheap or not much more.... I'd like to have the surefire led module as well...

foxtrot29

Enlightened

Just noticed you've got the Z2 w M60... How you liking that combo?