Big fall for the D10...

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I dropped my D10 while holding it above my right shoulder -- spotting my dogs near the back of my property (pitch black out here, no artificial lighting).

It fell about 5 feet, bezel down directly onto a big decorative stone. Made a sickening "thwack" sound, then bounced into the snow.

Nice little dent in the bezel and a slight nick off the HA coating. Still works fine, didn't even flicker.

Thought I'd share this, amongst the many "my nitecore doesn't work/broke/etc" threads. I'll try and take some pics...

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hello FoxTrot --

I feel yer' pain . . . .

When i bought my LRI Photon Proton Pro last year,

i proceeded to drop it (similar to your experience)

on the Very First Night i took it outside !

Doh ! :ohgeez:

Thankfully, like yours, it never even flickered.

Has a nice little "Character Mark" to remind me of my carelessness.

:whistle:
_

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
My NDI has been dropped, hit and generally abused more times than I care to remember, and it's always come back for more. :D

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Hello FoxTrot --

I feel yer' pain . . . .

When i bought my LRI Photon Proton Pro last year,

i proceeded to drop it (similar to your experience)

on the Very First Night i took it outside !

Doh ! :ohgeez:

Thankfully, like yours, it never even flickered.

Has a nice little "Character Mark" to remind me of my carelessness.

:whistle:
_

Oh the pain is very little. I've always recognized my lights for what they are -- tools. And the D10 has been in my possession for a while... Now if it failed upon dropping, I'd be disappointed.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I really need to take a photo of some of my lights and headlamps after a day of caving (before I scrub all of the mud off with a toothbrush. . . .

Glad your D10 survived the fall. . . .

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just five minutes ago i dropped my MRV Sidekick, It only dropped about 3-3 1/2 feet and it went out unfortunately. It it in my hand & it went back on then out now back on just crossing my fingers hoping it won't happen again.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
You can get it all out? My headlamp is still gritty....

Well, I only need to remove enough to clean off the lenses, buttons, and heatsinks. But you are correct, anything that enters a cave will never be quite the same again. . . :laughing:

litetube

Enlightened
Hi Foxtrot. Sorry to hear about the fall. What model D10 do you have ? It sounds like you have one of the newer ones with the thicker front edge? I know the earlier ones were kinda thin and there were a cpl incidents of falls and the bezels "denting " in and deforming the head and cracking the glass.
It's good to see it is still working and the fall didnt even cause a hiccup in functioning so they seem pretty durable now!! If you can get pics up we would all want to see how she looks!!

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a very old D10, I preordered. It's taken a fair battering (falling off my bike at 30mph+ onto tarmac >.<), and I was going to post pics in another thread but couldn't find the camera! Here they are:

p1000935798x292ev5.jpg

The big silver bit is shown side on in the next photo: (more noticeable in real life, tricky to get a picture of it unfortunately)

p1000966780x261tt0.jpg

If it can survive that, I'm happy :). A fantastic light, I love it!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Your a lucky man. Any time EDC come though it is a good day. Without hits some one never knows for certain their gear will hold up.

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
Aw man!

I did the same thing 3 nights ago with my tk10. I don't think it fell on the switch but it was dark. Scape on the bezel, the "tactical" ring and the knurling on the tailcap.

Now the switch flickers if moved in the on position in a certain direction. :(

Just tell yourself it looks better that way. ;)

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
Two days after I got my Tiablo A8 (whenever it first came out) my daughter tossed it up in the air it crashed hard on the tile floor. It put a small ding in the head of the light (still worked fine) but I would say the tile lost the battle:ohgeez:...didn't crack it but it chipped off about inch off the top. Since then, I've dropped the A8 several times and it's still working like the day I got it!

Good to know about the D10...I just got a D20 and am really liking it so far. My wife uses it mainly (it lives on the nightstand on her side) so it's going to need to be tough:D!!