Which torch if you were given two choices

Albinoni

Banned
If you had a choice to pick between a Fenix P1D Premium Q5 or a Nitecore Smart PD EX10 Golden Dragon which would be your choice.

According to 4 Sevens, they both are very good and offer alot.

The P1D offers higher lumens than the Nitecore
The Nitecore offers better batt run time over the Fenix
They claim the Nitecore has a better switch, but since the Fenix is a twist than its hard to compare.

Their both very well finished
They both use the same battery types.

Probably size wise their much of a muchness
Fenix uses a Cree LED (well known and loved in the industry), Nitecore uses a Osram Golden Dragon, out of the two which has the whiter tint ?

Haz

Enlightened
If you had a choice to pick between a Fenix P1D Premium Q5 or a Nitecore Smart PD EX10 Golden Dragon which would be your choice.

According to 4 Sevens, they both are very good and offer alot.

The P1D offers higher lumens than the Nitecore
The Nitecore offers better batt run time over the Fenix
They claim the Nitecore has a better switch, but since the Fenix is a twist than its hard to compare.

Their both very well finished
They both use the same battery types.

Probably size wise their much of a muchness
Fenix uses a Cree LED (well known and loved in the industry), Nitecore uses a Osram Golden Dragon, out of the two which has the whiter tint ?

You can choose the Cree for the Nitecore too!.

I will choose the Nitecore, because it has a lower low level. If Fenix had a very low level. i would choose the Fenix.

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbs+1 for the Nitecore! I have both and while I definitely like the Fenix, I find myself using the Nitecore a lot more b/c it has a lower low and I like ramping the light output vs. cycling through several modes. Also, I have no need for SOS or strobe so these modes just get in my way on the Fenix.

You've narrowed it down to two great lights so you can't go wrong either way!

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get the Cree version of the Nitecore.
If that wasn't available, the Fenix, because I don't particularly like the GD's beam.

Marduke

Flashaholic

brucec

Enlightened
EX10 Cree Q5 version. Although a more apples to apples comparison would have been the Fenix PD20 vs Nitecore EX10. That's truly a toss-up.