Picture Request: SureFire G2Z + LU60A

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm probably going to purchase a SF M2 soon, but I was wondering if anyone has any pics of a black G2Z with the the LU60A (black HA)? I'm not a big fan of pocket clips on larger lights which is why this combo kind of intrigues me (plus I really like the feel of the Nitrolon bodies). :)

Thanks in advance everyone,
Robert

Size15's

Flashaholic
The LU60A is a Lamp Module that can not attach to the G2Z body.
The LU60A features an "M2" bezel, in black HA, which can attach to the G2Z body.

I'm not aware that this black HA M2 bezel is available separately but a call to SureFire could confirm.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LU60A is a Lamp Module that can not attach to the G2Z body.
The LU60A features an "M2" bezel, in black HA, which can attach to the G2Z body.

I'm not aware that this black HA M2 bezel is available separately but a call to SureFire could confirm.

With the LU60A, I should be able to attach the "M2" bezel to a G2Z (without the included adapter) or to any E-Series lights (with the adapter), correct?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the weaponlight that comes with the LU60 adaptor, which connects a A21 extention tube to 6P head and tail.
The weaponlight is on sale at LA police Gear for $199.
I wanted to get it for the tailcap, M head, and LU60, and sell the tube. Surefire M952C Weaponlight CLOSEOUT

Now the LU60A is the E to C adaptor that comes with the scout light; see below how the only way to attach that huge M head would be with the use of the LU60A adaptor.
M600B_full.jpg

I am currently working on aquirring both of these. I will post pictures and a review on how they allow you to lego later on.
Good luck,
bigchelis

policestuff_2034_3952670.jpg

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Seems to be some terminology confusion... I hope this helps?

The LU60 is a Lamp Module, not an adapter.
It feature the "M2" bezel, P60 Lamp Assembly and an adapter collar so that the Lamp Module can screw into WeaponLight Housing Bodies such as the MH90, or A21.

The A21 is the [Classic] Universal Housing Body.
It has internal threads to receive a Lamp Module on one end, and standard-body TailCap threads on the other end to receive a TailCap.

LU60+A21+TailCap = one-SF123 body.
To create a two-SF123A body one must either extend the A21 forward with an A12 Lithium Battery Adapter.
Or extend the A21 rearwards by inserting an A19 body between the A21 and the TailCap.

The 6P doesn't have a "head" - it has a bezel (Z44-BK). Nor does the 6P have a "tail" - it has a [LockOut] TailCap (Z41-BK)

The M600A, M600B, or M600C ScoutLights do not come with LU60A.
The LU60A is a Lamp Module. It is not an "E to C adaptor".
The LU60A does feature an adapter collar, in addition to the "M2" bezel and P60 Lamp Assembly. This adapter collar allows it to screw onto the MH60 ScoutLight Housing Body as well as other E-Series bodies such as the E2e.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Now the LU60A is the E to C adaptor that comes with the scout light; see below how the only way to attach that huge M head would be with the use of the LU60A adaptor.
M600B_full.jpg
The photo shows an M600B ScoutLight (with it's E2e bezel and Z68 shrouded Clickie TailCap, MH60 Housing Body and M75 thumbscrew rail mount), a KL4-BK LED bezel, a UE07 (UE00 TailCap with ST07 remote pressure switch on a 7" long plug-in cable).

The M600A features the KL4 bezel
The M600B features the E2e bezel
The M600C features the KX2C bezel

The M600C KIT01 additionally features the LU60A Lamp Module and FM63 IR BeamFilter.

The photo shows the M952C WeaponLight consisting of the MH90 Millennium Universal Housing Body, SW02 shrouded Clickie TailCap, LU60 Lamp Module and M50 ARMS Throw Lever Mount

It's important to specify which bezel you mean by "M head" as there are essentially three:
"M2" bezel
"M3" bezel (Z46)
"Millennium TurboHead bezel"

If you purchase the two WeaponLights in the photos show above you will not get the LU60A since it is not shown, nor the KL4-BK even though it is. You will not be able to attach the "M2" bezel from the M95 to the ScoutLight housing body. To achieve this you much have either the adapter collar from the LU60A (which is not sold individually AFAIK), or perhaps an aftermarket so-called "E to C" adapter.
I hope this helps?

Al

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the very correct and informative help. This is what I ordered from Surefire to get the E to C adaptor/collar. I had the Tnc Products version, but I didn't like it in green and can't wait for them to start making it in black again. I also purchased the LU60 Lamp Module from a fellow CPF member, but without the module just the LU60. So, my guess is by the end of next week I should have the LU60 and LU60A.
LU60A_large.jpg

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I also purchased the LU60 Lamp Module from a fellow CPF member, but without the module just the LU60.
Do you mean you purchased the LU60 without it's P60 Lamp Assembly?
Technically without the P60 the LU60 is not the LU60 since the "60" indicates the P60!! No matter though.