Help needed: Olight T10-Q5

ForrestM01

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everybody,

I just got a new T10 and seem to have a problem.

The brightness (twist) switch becomes another mode switch after running for about 5 minutes or so. After that, there is no way to adjust brightness.

I've cleaned the threads with alcohol, but still have a malfunction. Any fixes or suggestions greatly appreciated.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure what you mean it becomes another mode.

Do you mean it because SOS or strobe by itself, or do you mean it changes brightness by itself and then will not allow itself to be readjusted in brightness?

ForrestM01

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I'll try to clarify:

The brightness switch becomes another mode switch. It goes through all three phases, just like the click switch. By twisting, you cycle through strobe, sos, and constant beam.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the retaining ring on the inside of the tailcap. Be sure that it is tight. I suspect if it was loose, it might cause the mode switching you are describing.

(You will see two small holes inside the retaining ring. Place anything sharp like the two ends of a paper clip or the ends of small needle nose pliars and attempt turn clockwise to tighten the retaining ring)

Megatorch

Newly Enlightened
Check the retaining ring on the inside of the tailcap. Be sure that it is tight. I suspect if it was loose, it might cause the mode switching you are describing.

(You will see two small holes inside the retaining ring. Place anything sharp like the two ends of a paper clip or the ends of small needle nose pliars and attempt turn clockwise to tighten the retaining ring)

99% - it is like that. :)

mr.snakeman

Enlightened

I`ve been playing (loosning and tightning the retaining ring to different tightning levels) with both of my T10s for the last 1/2 hour or so and have not been able to achieve the same mistake that you describe, they either work as designed or (if opened too much) not at all: you may have an electronics problem (IMHO). I hope you can find a cure. Good luck.;)

ForrestM01

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, all. I checked the retaining ring and tightened it slightly, but didn't want to overdo it.

It seems to be OK now. The problem may also have been weak batteries, because I have a mix of rechargeable and new in the drawer. I made several battery changes along the way, so maybe I started out with a bad one.

Latest posts