LD01 SS Help

parkschr

Newly Enlightened
I have a LD01 SS. I can push the head down and it will come on. Is it supposed to do this? If I unscrew the head a little more, it does not do this.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that's just a little slack in the threads.... even the most finely machined threads in the world will do this to some extent.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Normal behavior! The threads have some spill, that may be the answer.

I always unscrew the twisties nearly half a round if I put them in a pocket. As for the clickies, where you can use turbo by tightening the head, I always screw it just before that point, so I can use a momentary-on turbo by tearing down the head with two fingers.

For me it's an undescribed feature! :nana:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's an undescribed feature! :nana:

On the fenix lights, if you loosen, and go to med mode, and want to get back to low, I find it easiest just to pull the head back into the body, the light goes into turbo mode for a fraction of a second, then as you let go of the head, returns to low mode.

Dead handy :)

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the fenix lights, if you loosen, and go to med mode, and want to get back to low, I find it easiest just to pull the head back into the body, the light goes into turbo mode for a fraction of a second, then as you let go of the head, returns to low mode.

Dead handy :)
Thats exactly what I do too as its much easier than twisting it with the "smooth" knurling style on the head.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Enjoy your SS LD01! Consider yourself lucky you've got one with a nice white tint. Mine was greenish yellow, couldn't bring myself to keep it.

LightScene

Enlightened
Enjoy your SS LD01! Consider yourself lucky you've got one with a nice white tint. Mine was greenish yellow, couldn't bring myself to keep it.
Get another one. Most of them are excellent in every way. Just brush off that one bad experience. The most you can lose is one-way shipping.