edc single cr123 ??

sj29

Newly Enlightened
Ok I've done my research and have narrowed the field to 5 lights.....
I know the pro's/con's/features.....just need your opinions about personal use and which one you would want to use everyday:thumbsup:
these are in no particular order. I might have to buy 2 eventually .....but which one would you get first! --I do prefer simple/forward clicky/clip--but all these lights have my full attention.....

Fenix Digital PD20 Black Premium Q5
LiteFlux LF3XT Cree XR-E Q5 LED Flashlight
NiteCore SmartPD EX10, Golden Dragon Plus
EagleTac P10C
Dereelight EDC light-C2H

Thanks,
sj

sj29

Newly Enlightened
looking at the Lux readings for these lights....seems like the eagletac wins out.....but run time suffers......can anyone tell me what the lux is for the fenix pd20??

sj

fenix pd20 ?
liteflux lf3xt - 2980 lux
nitecore ex10 - 2480 lux
eagletac p10c- 5700 lux
dereelight c2h - 4030 lux

SuperLightMan

Newly Enlightened
For simplicity, the EagleTac and possibly the Nitecore gets my vote. I do not have knowledge on the other lights, so it wouldn't be fair if i gave false impressions.

Eagletac
- twist head towards Low, and you get low (although one can say the amount of light Low produces can be said to be "normal" mode, while "high" mode is Turbo mode)
- able to preselect mode BEFORE turning light on itself.
- POWERFUL light with a sacrifice in battery life.
- tactical feedback from clicky

Nitecore
- Ramp up, ramp down ("infinite" levels of light) by means of pressing and holding on tail piston.
- 130 lumens vs 220/ 60 (eagletac p10c)
- memory mode

Toaster

Enlightened
PD20 lux should be same as LD20 lux (same head) which selfbuilt recorded in his 2xAA review as 4,200 lux.

Megatorch

Newly Enlightened
looking at the Lux readings for these lights....seems like the eagletac wins out.....but run time suffers......can anyone tell me what the lux is for the fenix pd20??

sj

fenix pd20 ?
liteflux lf3xt - 2980 lux
nitecore ex10 - 2480 lux
eagletac p10c- 5700 lux
dereelight c2h - 4030 lux

Olight T10 Q5 (2008 Model) - 3810 lux
JETBeam Jet-II Pro IBS - 6410 lux

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between the 5 listed I'd go for the LF3XT - it will have the best beam and the most options. This light can be configured to operate very simply if that's the way you would like it and most often use it. It will not have the brightest output of the 5 but it is still very bright and useful for nearly all situations except for extreme throw situations. Extreme throw is generally going to require a light with a larger reflector but both the Dereelight and Eagletac are fairly strong throwers for their size. You do need to buy 2 :D

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
Ok I've done my research and have narrowed the field to 5 lights.....
I know the pro's/con's/features.....just need your opinions about personal use and which one you would want to use everyday:thumbsup:
these are in no particular order. I might have to buy 2 eventually .....but which one would you get first! --I do prefer simple/forward clicky/clip--but all these lights have my full attention.....

Fenix Digital PD20 Black Premium Q5
LiteFlux LF3XT Cree XR-E Q5 LED Flashlight
NiteCore SmartPD EX10, Golden Dragon Plus
EagleTac P10C
Dereelight EDC light-C2H

Thanks,
sj

sj, i am so way ahead of you. i'm on a similar quest since i "lost" my ex10 and i've got it narrowed down to only 2 lights:)

i liked the size/weight of the ex10 but it had issues with turning itself on while in my pocket, so i eliminated a new one based on that experience.

i eliminated the dereelight and eagletac because i didn't like the looks- too miltary/utilitarian looking, imho.

so that leaves me with the lf3xt and pd20. i had a new lf3xt for a few days but it wouldn't ramp up and down, and it had a current draw that killed batteries even while the light was off, and, it wasn't very bright. it's enroute back to the dealer for an rma so i'm really debating whether i want to take another chance on this light.

so that leaves me with the pd20. i've never owned a fenix but have heard nothing but good about them, and i like the idea of a simple clicky and ui. i guess what's holding me back from ordering this light is wondering if an lf3xt that's operating properly is a better light for my needs.

good luck in your hunt,
notso

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you plan on using the light for? How would it be most useful?

IMO, a throw oriented light isn't good for EDC. I prefer very floody lights. It is very rare that I need to see something in the dark 100 ft away from me, especially during the day.

Typically, when I go to work, I carry a very floody light. When it is the weekend, I will take a throwy light. I think you are more likely to end up in a dark building or something on the weekend.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i may humbly add on to your list, the Jetbeam Jet II Pro IBS is one of the best throwers for 1xCR/RCR123s, i own one of these and also read selfbuilt's review before purchasing it.

Overall, i am very happy with this light with the sole exception of runtime but then again, how can i expect long runtimes at 225 lumens using RCR123s??

So, most of the time 1st mode is set on low, just enough for my needs, 2nd mode is less than 50% and 3rd mode is max (225 lumens for WOW)

The Sun

Enlightened
Between the 5 listed I'd go for the LF3XT - it will have the best beam and the most options. This light can be configured to operate very simply if that's the way you would like it and most often use it. It will not have the brightest output of the 5 but it is still very bright and useful for nearly all situations except for extreme throw situations. Extreme throw is generally going to require a light with a larger reflector but both the Dereelight and Eagletac are fairly strong throwers for their size. You do need to buy 2 :D

+1 on the LF3XT, and yes buy two......or three :whistle::D

carrot

Flashaholic
I like the EX-10 a lot, and I also enjoy the Leatherman S3. The EX-10 is smaller than the S3 but what I like most about both is that they have excellent pocket clips.

Simplicity05

Newly Enlightened
Do I get to say it first? I think I do!

Follow the slightly modified CPF mantra - buy 'em all!

squareone

Newly Enlightened
I have both the ex10 and pd20. In my opinion the pd20 is easier to use and alot brighter on hi.

madi05

Enlightened
i got my lf3xt a few days ago and i cant put it down, it is the bomb diggidy and more so it is fun to play with,, for me it is quite brite and the low is low enough and so far it hasnt dimmed at all and i play with it everyday so far for periods at a time, lol

just my two cents
madi05

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
If you don't need a pocket clip from the start I think the LF3XT has the most grins/dollar. To me lights like these are just too chunky and heavy to EDC in the bottom of your jean's pocket. In spite of this I got the LiteFlux instead of an EX10 w/clip because of all the great features it offers. There are already some clip solutions floating about and other/better ones will surely surface soon.

Geoff