Its a shame Surefire discontinued the L6....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder why they chose to discontinue it? Probably because with the L5, U2A, etc they may have felt it was redundant. I think if they stuck a SSCP4 or Cree R2, etc. it would've been fantastic. I guess I have to do the next best thing, I am still SERIOUSLY thinking about getting the M3 and doing the LumensFactory D36 mod. Looks like it will give me what an updated L6 would be anyway. Still with that long, deep reflector, it would throw an awesome beam out.

SunStar

Enlightened
Isn't SF currently developing an LED head for the M3? That would fill the gap for a new version of the L6.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
By replacing the LUX V with a Cree MC-E, you will get a great improvement in output.

I just ordered another emitter for my KL6 (used the other on a KL4) and will be replacing the driver with a Shark Buck..:cool:

I barely ever use mine.
With the new LED and driver, I think that will change.

Milkyspit has had success using the P7 in the KL6.:twothumbs

Brightlumens just showed his Osram KL6, and it looks great.!:twothumbs

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't SF currently developing an LED head for the M3? That would fill the gap for a new version of the L6.

Yup, the M3L. However, I think the current L6 has alot of potential to work with while we wait for the M3L to be released.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the L5 and L6 were essentially a C2L and C3L. I guess they planned on the P60L filling that role?

It's not much worse than the L-series, in truth... but a C2M(alkoff) and C3M blows all the others out of the water.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
one member here, funder, had a 1.2 (or was it 1.4?)A into a Q5, in an L6....

that thing was bright! :poof:

Crenshaw

txgp17

Enlightened
They have developed two heads, both using the SSC P7 emitter.

One head is TIR, for throw, the other is a traditional reflector.

thegeek

Enlightened
By replacing the LUX V with a Cree MC-E, you will get a great improvement in output.

I just ordered another emitter for my KL6 (used the other on a KL4) and will be replacing the driver with a Shark Buck..:cool:

I hope I'm not too far off topic here, but why the Shark Buck? Are there any advantages over the Shark Boost and wiring 4s?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the L5 and L6 were essentially a C2L and C3L. I guess they planned on the P60L filling that role?

It's not much worse than the L-series, in truth... but a C2M(alkoff) and C3M blows all the others out of the water.

Yeah, I imagine once they come out with the P61L, slap that in a C3, and voila, you have a better L6...and if it breaks, you don't have to replace the whole head, just the LA...but, i do like the design of the head on the L5/L6's...I'll be picking up an M3 LED head for my discontinued 918FA (shotgun mounted M3)...:twothumbs

SunStar

Enlightened
They have developed two heads, both using the SSC P7 emitter.

One head is TIR, for throw, the other is a traditional reflector.

Yea... I was fortune enough to play with the two heads at SHOT last week. They were both quite impressive. I was also told by one of the SF Reps that output would most likely end up in the high 400's (~480 lumens) rather than 350. No matter the actual output, these heads were super bright and the lights in the room were on. I'll probably end up with both heads to supplement my M3.